Main Menu

WTB New front & rear windshield- Ebody

Started by wolfpack, October 13, 2020, 10:24:57 AM

Previous topic Next topic

wolfpack

Looking for a new (73 barracuda) ebody front and rear windshield. I am located in Toronto Ontario.
Also has any one brought one over from the US ? Do I need to be concerned about it breaking

jimynick

I bought a new one from a friend who was running a body shop in Hamilton a few years ago and he got it from his glass supplier. Try calling some of the many glass shops in Tarana and you might get lucky, AND avoid shipping/breakage woes as well. Good luck  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

RUNCHARGER

Yes: Glass shop for the windshield for sure. For the rear window might have to call a restoration parts place for an AMD or other.
Sheldon

73chalngr

Check the thickness of the glass. Not sure what originals are but I believe the reproduction I bought was a little thinner than original.

Burdar

When I needed a windshield for my 73, the local glass places could only get tinted glass.  I had to get clear glass from AMD.  I bought it through Dave at Roseville.  The first one showed up shattered.  I watched the guy unload it and he wasn't very careful with it.  I made sure to check it for damage BEFORE he left.  I noticed it was broken right away and refused the shipment.  Dave got another one sent out right away.  That one showed up fine.

You definitely need to be there when it's delivered and check it right away.  If the delivery driver leaves, they can claim YOU broke it if there is an issue.

anlauto

Yes, you can get a windshield locally from just about any glass shop, they will be thinner then stock for sure. I switched to using AMD glass, much thicker like the originals.

The rear window will have to come from the aftermarket like AMD.

In Toronto, you're best bet is National Moparts in Beaverton ON....it take him 2-3 weeks at least to get AMD stuff in, so order it in advance as soon as you can.

I've bought tons of Glass from them with no issues of breaking, he might have a windshield in stock :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Timmy2Tires

RUNCHARGER

Yes: Auto City supplies tons of glass for older cars.
Sheldon

jimynick

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on October 18, 2020, 07:59:11 AM
The only problem there boys, is that the guy lives in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and the border's been closed for months.  :(
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Cuda Cody

Dave at Roseville would be the first place I would go to for glass. Bell stand behind it so you know you'll get a piece that is not delivered broken.

anlauto

Being in Canada, I think you're best bet is staying local.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Hot Rods and Classics in Chilliwack get's regular orders from Auto CIty, I would try Nigel at Natl Moparts if you're on that end of the country for the rear window.
Sheldon

dodj

Quote from: jimynick on October 19, 2020, 07:42:30 PM
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on October 18, 2020, 07:59:11 AM
The only problem there boys, is that the guy lives in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and the border's been closed for months.  :(
Just for travel, not commerce. I've still been getting parts shipped across the border from summit etc.
:alan2cents:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill