Main Menu

Does anyone own this reference book?

Started by 7E-Bodies, September 07, 2019, 07:22:59 AM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

Being offered by Year One, "yet currently not available". I only need one item spec from it and don't want to buy it unless it's in there. Anyone own this?
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

JS29

JH27N0B

That's one of Galen Goviers "Little white books" that were very popular back in the 90s and early 2000s before most any detailed information you needed could be found on the Internet.
I have several of his books, but I don't think I'd bought that one.  What information are you trying to find out?

anlauto

I have the fourth edition right here in my hand... what do you need ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7E-Bodies

My age old search for a picture of the true color of V5F side moldings so I can get these inserts colored. (Light green)

anlauto

This book doesn't have any pictures, only tons of pages with very small font writing  :('
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7E-Bodies

Looks like production stats as pertaining to options?

7E-Bodies

If I don't find the actual color of these V5F pale green body side moldings, I'm going to end up in a rubber room.

js27

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on September 07, 2019, 08:31:58 AM
If I don't find the actual color of these V5F pale green body side moldings, I'm going to end up in a rubber room.
Not to sound like a dick but if nobody seems to know the correct color then pick a color and nobody will know if it is correct or not before you check in to the rubber room hotel.
:banana: :banana: :banana:.
JS27

7E-Bodies

@73440 that'd be the one. Then the ideal opportunity would be to heat gun the vinyl insert from underneath (done it, works well) and obtain an exact color match from the unfaded, un-weathered side, then I'd be on my way. Even finding an old beat up and unusable piece would be great. I have several NOS in other colors that I could change.

7E-Bodies

@js27 not taken wrong at all. In fact, you'd be right if I were never able to find even a junk piece to peel back and get a match from the adhesive side. It's just that I'm an extreme perfectionist that gets hung up on even the most minor details. Moparian OCD is no party  :drunk: Besides, my luck would be to get parked next to one with originals at my first cruise in or show, lol. There's a guy 1500 miles from me that has a beat up set of the same code that he plans on having restored that I'm trying to convince to loan me a piece. He's understandably hesitant even though I'm offering to pay all shipping and give him escrow cash to hold. So they're out there. I have time as I complete body and paint prep, so that's where I utilize my searches for the more hard to find details. Example: the exact match vinyl top may end up taking over a year to get made (on order now)

70 Challenger Lover

Forgot I had this until I saw your picture. Shows how often I look at it. It's mildly interesting info but I agree there is nothing in it you can't find easier on the Internet.

7E-Bodies

7E-Bodies

@73440 I just followed your link to Barry's site. Mines actually F8 instead of F4 but V5F regardless. In his F8 section, he's asking for V5F examples. I just emailed him. Thanks.