Main Menu

E-Body Hole Locations (Firewall, Door, Interior, ect)

Started by Cuda Cody, January 16, 2017, 09:44:35 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Another thought I had for "pinned" topics like this "Hole Location" picture thread....

I thought, maybe quarterly, I moderator could go through and remove all the replies that don't include a picture. That way the thread gets cleaned up and only includes the great detailed pictures that people are posting. People should try at the very least to describe their own photos as to what they are of.  :alan2cents:
...and you wouldn't have to shuffle through pages of people's comments or requests.

Any thoughts @Cuda Cody
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Instead of deleting peoples posts/comments , maybe just move the pictures to the front pages. That would serve the same purpose?  :dunno:

anlauto

That sounds like more work ? :dunno: I don't know how that stuff works :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Great ideas guy!  I like leaving everyone comments, but @anlauto is right about keeping all the good reference photos at the top of the thread.  If everyone is okay with having their good photos moved, I'll put them at the top of the thread and give them a mention for posting the photo.  Then we keep everything all in one spot and the person that posted the photo get credit for their effort and contribution.   :yessir:  Sound good? 

HP_Cuda

I would have fell over in my chair if I found this thread when starting my project.

:toast:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

cataclysm80

Quote from: fc7cuda on January 18, 2017, 05:33:24 AM
One quick note, and please correct me if I'm wrong...on picture nine showing the inside rear, it looks like one of the headliner bow arrows points to a hole used to attach the sail panel.  And one of the factory hole arrows points to a headliner bow hole.

Here's a close up pic that may help to see it better.
If you still think something might be labeled wrong, try to let me know which holes you're talking about.  I may be able to double check on the car.

Also, if anyone else sees anything that they think needs fixed, please let me know. 
(I already saw the typo on "headlinger".)

cataclysm80

Quote from: anlauto on January 24, 2017, 04:57:15 AM
People should try at the very least to describe their own photos as to what they are of.  :alan2cents:
@Cuda Cody

Quote from: Brads70 on January 24, 2017, 05:00:30 AM
maybe just move the pictures to the front pages. That would serve the same purpose?  :dunno:

I agree that it may be important at least for some pictures, to have a description of what they are.
If the pics get moved, the description of the pic needs to go with it so that people will have the intended information.

cataclysm80

I'm about to post several more pics of the primer gray 1970 Challenger.
If they get moved to the top, I'm thinking it would be nice to keep them together since it's all the same car. (including the ones already posted)
Having them all together at the top of the thread will cover a lot of ground regarding hole locations.
A lot of the info in these pics will apply to all E bodies, but in cases where there are differences, it will be useful to know that this car is a 1970 Challenger with a Scheduled Production Date of August 26th, 1969. (early build)

Here we go...

In later years, the cowl vent screens required additional holes for the plastic clips which held them on.

Convertibles have additional shiny trim around the windshield and on the A pillar, which requires some additional mounting holes.

Cuda Cody

Standing by to move them to the top with any comments want with them.   :yessir:

cataclysm80

Some of the Defogger Motor holes in this picture are only used for the adapter which mounts the defogger with dual rear speakers.
Normally, the Defogger just mounts with the same holes that would be used for the speaker.

cataclysm80

Looks like I didn't label a tail panel picture because I had lights in the holes for test fitting that day.
Here's another pic of a 1970 Challenger tail panel.
It should have had labeled...
Trunk Lock
Quarter Panel Tail Trim (left & right)
Bumper Brackets
Valance Brackets (1970 is different from later years)
Tail Panel to Bumper Filler Panel (1970 is different from later years)
Tail Light (left & right) (1970 is different from later years)
Reverse Light (1970 is different from later years)

cataclysm80

The antenna location shown is for Trans Am cars.   

Some cars have optional body side molding, and that isn't shown here.

cataclysm80

Emissions changed several times over the course of E body production, and California frequently had stricter emissions standards.

cataclysm80

Looks like this is another one I didn't get around to labeling.
Some of the things that should be labeled are...
Single Exhaust Bracket (welded on)
Dual Exhaust Bracket (bolted on)
Parking Brake Stuff (1970 is different from later years)
Shocks
Wheel Opening Moldings
Fuel Tank Vent
Car Shipping Brackets (left & right) (bolted to frame rails to fasten car to semi truck)
Fuel Filler Tube
Fuel Tank Straps
Fuel Sending Unit Wire
Leaf Spring Shackles
Tag Light Wire

Seat Belt Bolts
Body Plugs

cataclysm80

Bench Seat cars don't have the inner reinforcements for Bucket Seats under the floor.
Manual Transmission cars will have a larger hole in the tunnel, with a special piece installed to reshape the tunnel.

The red arrows indicate holes which did not contain clips when I got this car, but clips could be installed there, and the factory may have not been particular about which holes received the clips.