Main Menu

E-Body Hole Locations (Firewall, Door, Interior, ect)

Started by Cuda Cody, January 16, 2017, 09:44:35 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cataclysm80

Early build cars have a body plug where the Trans Am exhaust tip hanger should be.
The provision for the Trans Am exhaust tip hanger was added around the time that the Trans Am cars were built.

cataclysm80

This is the driver's side of the car.

cataclysm80

I hadn't realized there were so many pics not labeled yet.  I guess I didn't finish.

Radiator Overflow Hose
K Frame Bolts
Etc.

cataclysm80

cataclysm80

This is an Air Conditioning firewall.  A Non-Air Conditioned car will have a different blower motor & heater core opening, and not have an evaporator opening.
On some 1970 cars, the AC temperature control cable passed through the AC vacuum grommet.
I think this car has had the holes for the plastic push pins which hold the interior fiberglass insulation welded shut to reduce the potential for water leaks, so those holes aren't pictured.

screamindriver

cataclysm80

Non-Air Conditioned cars won't have an AC temperature control valve, and also won't have an AC dryer.
Early build 1970 cars have a dimple in the sheet metal for the California fuel vapor line clip.  Part way through the year, the inner fender was reshaped in this area to better accommodate the California emissions and to prepare for 1971 emissions.

cataclysm80

cataclysm80

Apparently I wasn't done with this one yet because the red arrows aren't labeled.

I think #2 & #3 are each for a fender support bracket.
#6 is where the radiator overflow hose passes through.
If anyone knows what these red arrow holes are for, please let me know.

The radiator support sheet metal by the washer jar is different for 22 inch radiator cars.
The hole which is pictured for wiring ground is exclusive to very early build cars.  They used a bolt and nut here.  All other cars have a threaded insert installed on this panel for the ground bolt. 

cataclysm80

cataclysm80

Looks like I could use some assistance with a few labels in this picture also.

It's probably Manual Transmission stuff (need item names), and maybe a Brake Proportioning Valve?

In later years, the inner fender was reshaped to accommodate a different battery hold down design.

cataclysm80

In later years, the bumper bracket was held to the frame rail by 3 bolts instead of 2 bolts.

cataclysm80

This picture was intended to label the sill plate screws and door jamb switch.

cataclysm80

This picture should probably have labeled the...
Windshield Defogger Stud
AC / Heater Box Stud
Foot Mounted Windshield Squirter
Etc.

cataclysm80

If I remember correctly, cars with an overhead console had an extra door jamb switch here for the Door Ajar light.