Main Menu

Mirrors difference

Started by cudamadd, May 02, 2022, 12:04:58 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cudamadd

Hi just trying to  learn a little more. Here I layed out side by side  two 70 ebody mirrors .  I have about  six of these mirrors left and right ,but only one ,As you can see has a much longer cable .  just thinking when did this change or if some one could tell me the reason it has a longer cable ?  :australia: P.S I do have the small bracket which the cable goes through. Is it   So the cable doesn't rub on top of the glass etc  . And Could it have been from an early build car ?  :australia:

Cuda_mark

I know it is fairly common for people to swap out the bases and make a 70 mirror out of a later date mirror...that could be the case here.

blown motor

I love all the little differences in these cars that we think are all built the same.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cuda_mark

Quote from: blown motor on May 02, 2022, 05:35:56 AM
I love all the little differences in these cars that we think are all built the same.

I agree. I think the manufacturing process back then was much looser than it is in modern day manufacturing.

Also, I need to see a picture of that 79 Macho Power Wagon Clone!! That must be a cool ride.

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel