Main Menu

2k spray can stopped spraying

Started by nsmall, September 10, 2017, 12:13:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

I just have one part on my engine I'm trying to paint with this 2K paint and unfortunately the can stopped working after just a little bit of use.

I took the cap off and sprayed it with the air gun....it's definitely not pluged so any suggestions on how to get this can to work again as I only have one can of paint unfortunately.

Thanks

1 Wild R/T

I can tell you what not to do... Many years ago, around 74 I was spraying a bike frame & the new can quit.. I threw it down in anger, it hit something that punctured the can.... I was lime green from head to toe, the garage was green, the lawn mower, my brothers bike..... Literally a lime green explosion...

RUNCHARGER

You kill me Wild! What I do (and don't recommend) is point the can down into a garbage can with the nozzle removed and try spraying the tab using a small blade screwdriver to see if there is a clog that might spray out. Your results may vary. Sometimes it works.
Sheldon

redgum78

I have had the odd can  die from running out of propellant but still had paint left in it. I have removed the nozzle and recharged with compressed air, sometimes have to do it two or three times to get all the paint out. Not recommended but does sort of work.

cuda hunter

You might try putting it in  a hot corner outside in the sun.  The heat can help pressurize and push out the block. 

I have had a can blow a hole in the bottom pinch and blew paint all over the corner of the garage. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

nsmall

I tried every conceivable method to get the can to work again and ended up shoving a small wire all the way down it and the can ran continuous for like 10 minutes which gave me enough time to spray the parts.

Unfortunately 2K paint is extremely hard to get off so it's quite a nightmare here trying to get this paint off my hands.

I use paint thinner in a wire brush cuz I can't use my other hand as I sliced it open so bad this morning I should probably have gone and got stitches but I just put butterfly Band-Aids on it and put some tape on it and I'm moving on.

nsmall

The following is a true story. I've been trying to paint my engine for 3 weeks and keep on running into roadblocks.

Humidity, rain, wind, time.

This weekend I promised myself I would get this done as my car has been painted so I'm trying to finish restoring the remainder of my parts.

Yesterday I was doing pretty good until my son started puking all over the driveway as I was working on the engine.  Then my tenant called me and said that there is a leak in the wall and it started a fire in a electrical outlet.  I rushed over there to work on it and in the meantime we had one of the worst storms ever had where it rained like 3 inches in 10 minutes and normally we get about 3 inches a year.  Some of my parts got wet and so I was like okay let's try again tomorrow. 

So today I was out there working and I kicked my coffee cup with all the coffee in it across the garage.  Then I diced my finger wide open and then the spray can wouldn't work.

I'm going to go back at it and hopefully get that engine painted as it seems like I'm cursed right now.

Oh, I have a nasty cold and can't sleep.

Okay.  Thanks for letting me rant.

Neil

Cuda Cody

RUNCHARGER

Ha, ha! I thought I was having a bad day. I've been trying to sell my Twin Turbo Stealth all summer, had a buyer drive 90 minutes to look at it. I've got visions of calling Cody about his T/A because selling the Stealth would give me enough together with my bank account money to buy it. Guy shows up, I start the Stealth and for the first time ever the #$%^$* lifter ticks on the freshly rebuilt engine. So that turned the guy off and I can't blame him. I felt like kicking the car but I probably would have tripped and fell down anyway. But it's nice to see other people laugh at their minor misfortunes as well.
Sheldon

nsmall

Sorry Runcharger, hopefully it's covered under a warranty?

As for some good news....I FINALLY PAINTED MY ENGINE.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Cuda Cody

nsmall

Thanks guys.  I'm convinced to buy 2k paint and primer if you don't have a gun.  It's a nightmare to get off your hands.  I stripped all the paint by hand, only took me 3 weeks :whiteflag: