Main Menu

Question On New A/C Hydraulic Hose Crimper With Pics

Started by Daveh, July 15, 2020, 08:45:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hey Guys,

I just bought a new hydraulic A/C hose crimper and I wanted your opinion on the crimps.  They didn't end up as round as I thought they should be.  The tool is easy to use really no screwing it up but if there is a way I will find it.  I used the right number die in this case a #8.  Maybe they are fine I would just like an opinion before I crimp the rest.  Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODIEcEV_epM

Thanks Dave

I've been messing with it a bit and it almost seems like the next number die works for the number hose before it.  For example I get a rounder crimp if I use a number 8 hose on a number 10 die?????

1 Wild R/T

The point is not a rounder crimp, the point is a tight leak free crimp... Use the die that matches the fitting number....

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on July 15, 2020, 09:12:32 PM
The point is not a rounder crimp, the point is a tight leak free crimp... Use the die that matches the fitting number....

Yep.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

MoparLeo

:iagree:Nice, clean looking setup. How about a picture of the whole engine compartment ?
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

Mopar5

If you have a vacum pump you could create an adapter and make sure the hose will hold a vacum. If not the next best thing would be to create an adaptor and put big blue bubble leak detector around the fittings and fill them with 20 PSI and check them for leaks. If they dont leak they are good.