Main Menu

MATCHING NUMBERS Cuda

Started by Manuel, May 17, 2020, 03:58:37 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Manuel

Hello,

Have a Cuda 340,  1971 and would like to know the parts that need to match so it can be classified as matching numbers.

Any guide for that?

Does the rear axle need to be matching numbers?

Best regards,

Manuel

anlauto

"Matching numbers" can mean two things, typically it relates to the VIN number of the car which can be found in 11 places.
1)   Dash Tag
2)   Fender Tag
3)   Broadcast Sheet
4)   Upper Cowl
5)   Rad Support
6)   Engine Block
7)   Transmission Case
8 )   DS Door Sticker
9)   Warranty Card
10) Window Sticker
11) Title/Ownership

It can also refer to how original your car is, and whether or not it still has all it's original date coded parts.

....If you're concerned on whether or not your car has the correct original part numbered, date coded parts, that's a very long list, including most of the engine parts, etc.......the 8 3/4 rear axle assembly DOES NOT have any casted or stamped VIN numbers or even date codes that I'm aware of.

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Manuel

Thanks Anlauto,

Excellent news, I have owned this 340 since it had 2500 km here in Guatemala.   47 years ago,
It was still with new cars at the show room.   Belonged to the owner of the dealership.

Only thing I remember to have changed that made me wonder if it is matching numbers was the rear axle.

Tks again.

SgtSuperbird

Very, very impressive, Manuel! Wow!

JS29

:welcome: @Manuel  Impressive looking car, and length of owning it. :1place:  :handshake: 

xx88man

:welcome:  awesome car you have there!
Keep yer foot in it

Manuel

Can't thank you enough for the compliments Guys!!!   Wohoooo!

Original interior except the carpet.

Very general, but if my car is the way it looks and matching numbers, around what could be its price?

CudaMoparRay

:welcome: From Riverside California

JS29

Four speed or automatic, Standard or rallye instrument cluster?  :popcorn:

anlauto

Likely around the $50K USD range  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

A fender tag readout would help us understand what the car truly is for estimating a value. 
Or a good clean shot of the build sheet!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JS29

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 18, 2020, 02:15:31 PM
A fender tag readout would help us understand what the car truly is for estimating a value. 
Or a good clean shot of the build sheet!
:iagree: With both reply's

cuda hunter

I'm very curious if the car has a fender tag.  It seems many export cars had the fender tags removed. 
does it have an import tag on the inner fender?

Super cool that it's in Guatemala. there can't be many of those.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Manuel

Tks Gents,

It is 4 speed manual shift.   Like a pistol grip.
Will try to take a pic of the instrument panel. It is all black in kind of a sand texture?

The only Cuda in this country as far as I know.
A friend had a Hemy but sold it and they crashed it decades ago.

Excuse me,

Were is the fender tag located?

What is a buid sheet?

Sorry.

Brgds.

Manuel