Main Menu

70 barracuda M46

Started by cuda hunter, February 15, 2017, 06:25:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

The value of the scoops = value of the car it looks like.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

I would agree that is going to be hard to prove when it is all said and done.  With your love and passion for M46 we need to find you a car with a tag or sheet in good condition.  It's out there!  We all know to  :takealook:  keep our eyes open for you.  We'll find a good one someday.  :grouphug:

Quote from: anlauto on February 26, 2017, 08:16:23 AM
So there's no proof those scoops are original to the car....Car appears to be originally white, so someone has repainted it at least once, who knows whether or not the scoops were added ? :huh:

cuda hunter

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 26, 2017, 08:27:04 AM
The value of the scoops = value of the car it looks like.

I would assume your assessment is right on.  Unfortunately the scoops have some deterioration as well.  You can see both bottom points raising themselves off of the body of the car.  And it does appear that at least one of the scoops is a metal framed scoop as I can see some bubbling which is indicative of the metal framed scoops. 

It's a beater alright. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

So there's no proof those scoops are original to the car....Car appears to be originally white, so someone has repainted it at least once, who knows whether or not the scoops were added ? :huh:

It does appear to have been white. Did the factory paint certain high impact colors with color base coats?  Should the primer under the red be grey or maroon?

Hard one to prove.  I will probably end up seeing it in person. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 26, 2017, 09:39:45 AM
I would agree that is going to be hard to prove when it is all said and done.  With your love and passion for M46 we need to find you a car with a tag or sheet in good condition.  It's out there!  We all know to  :takealook:  keep our eyes open for you.  We'll find a good one someday.  :grouphug:

Now the car has sat for 40 years.  The trunk has not been opened in 40 years.  the trash inside has not been gone through either. so there is still a chance for a fender tag.  And there is still a rear seat top and I have not looked in any of the other places where build sheets can hide.  There is some hope.   but that's mostly just going to be HOPE. 

cuda hunter

It's all good though.  Maybe I will end up with the scoops.  Regardless at least I have something to chase.   :takemymoney:

cuda hunter

more pics. 
The current owner has finally brought it home.  Working on getting more pics.  I know it's in horrible shape. How about yal just try to talk me out of purchasing this rust bucket.

There are no keys so trunk has not been opened.

There is no build sheet in the rear seat. 

cuda hunter

He cleaned up the passengers door and rear quarter.

Not the original grill unfortunately.

cuda hunter

1 Wild R/T

Some folks have a high tolerance of pain...   :stop: :stop: That car is allot like  :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:..... Perhaps you should research mental health and self-injury... :rofl:

OH BTW I've brought worse home...

Cuda Cody

That's going to be a LOT of work!   :unbelievable:

JS29

:stop: :bye: Stick A fork in that one, cause It's DONE.  Definition of A total loss, cost of repair exceeds value!!!!!!   

RUNCHARGER

Hmm: I've wrecked out 383 cars that were better. Not much left on the bone there.
Sheldon

71GranCoupe

:stop:  As tempting as it appears cudahunter, save your $$$ and wait for one with some pedigree with it. It is like buying a 318 with a hemi in it, the real value is the motor, not the what is holding the motor. Put the documentation with the scoops and now you have something.    :alan2cents:  :cheers: