Main Menu

AAR for sale is this too much?

Started by Markp, February 06, 2017, 12:12:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on February 18, 2017, 06:57:30 AM
Quote from: anlauto on February 06, 2017, 12:57:12 PM
Quote from: Markp on February 06, 2017, 12:24:42 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows what was the highest selling price for a perfectly restored AAR or T/A??

Over $225K I believe.
Mecum just sold this red one last month for $195K... https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0117-269379/1970-plymouth-aar-cuda/

Tim Wellborn sold that AAR for $140k a couple years before at the same auction....even had the same writeup in this years auction....guess who I heard bought it for the $195k + fees....yes Tim Wellborn.

Dave

Oh....So now Tim can enjoy having "seller's remorse" from selling it a couple of years ago, and now he can enjoy "buyer's remorse"... :haha:

I would pay attention to what Tim does though, I'm pretty sure he has a good understanding of the market and where it's going.

Oh.....and what's a B Body guy like you doing in an E Body place like this @Beep Beep Dave ? :o :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Beep Beep Dave

Quote from: anlauto on February 18, 2017, 07:04:21 AM
Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on February 18, 2017, 06:57:30 AM
Quote from: anlauto on February 06, 2017, 12:57:12 PM
Quote from: Markp on February 06, 2017, 12:24:42 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows what was the highest selling price for a perfectly restored AAR or T/A??

Over $225K I believe.
Mecum just sold this red one last month for $195K... https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0117-269379/1970-plymouth-aar-cuda/

Tim Wellborn sold that AAR for $140k a couple years before at the same auction....even had the same writeup in this years auction....guess who I heard bought it for the $195k + fees....yes Tim Wellborn.

Dave

Oh....So now Tim can enjoy having "seller's remorse" from selling it a couple of years ago, and now he can enjoy "buyer's remorse"... :haha:

I would pay attention to what Tim does though, I'm pretty sure he has a good understanding of the market and where it's going.

Oh.....and what's a B Body guy like you doing in an E Body place like this @Beep Beep Dave ? :o :rofl:

That's what I heard so it would be good if someone could verify the story.

I thought I might learn something here, plus it gives me an opportunity to use the board which has quite a few great features!

Dave

Cuda Cody

Someday I have to see Tim's collection.  Has anyone seen it in person?  Is it as impressive as everyone says it is?

JS29

Yes that story is true! I saw the car on the block on T-V and the announcer said he wanted it back.   

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 18, 2017, 07:53:30 AM
Someday I have to see Tim's collection.  Has anyone seen it in person?  Is it as impressive as everyone says it is?

I would love to see it too...I met Tim and his wife at MCACN back in 2015....super nice couple ! :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RUNCHARGER

I too have to see that collection. Just the 71 Chargers would be enough to keep me enthused.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

Road trip!!!!   :stayinlane:  A big ol E-Bodies.org road trip.   :D

Brads70

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 18, 2017, 10:23:54 AM
Road trip!!!!   :stayinlane:  A big ol E-Bodies.org road trip.   :D

I'm in, can I hitch a ride with you Alan!  :)

Aar1064

I've been there and it's really a great museum. Some really great cars and atmosphere is super cool. My AAR is identical to the one he has and he met me there on a closed day so I could take some reference pictures of it for my restoration. Not long before I got there he had found a 70 sublime Hemi road runner. It was a survivor and rough just in the right places. It's an old dealership with a parts department and it's stocked full of NOS parts. Super cool guy with a dream garage.

As far as the AAR in question, I think it's right on par.

Jim AAR

Correct me if ìm wrong, but the Trunk Floor Pan is incorrect for this car.

The Access Plates for the Rear Shocks should be on TOP of the towers and not facing the back (I know mine are and that's the only place I have ever seen them).

Wasn't that only on 71 Cuda`s ?

anlauto

You're correct, floor is wrong, most likely a replacement :alan2cents:

Jim AAR

Hmmmmm, if they made a mistake like that using a 71 floor pan on a 70, I wonder what else they did wrong or took shortcuts on...

Oh well, buyer beware..... :o

69bronzeT5

Associate Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

71GranCoupe

Nice car, but definitely an oversight on the trunk floor. Possibly the builder was more interested in better access to the shocks than originality.  :dunno: Just a possibility.

anlauto

Quote from: 71GranCoupe on November 23, 2017, 03:26:40 PM
Nice car, but definitely an oversight on the trunk floor. Possibly the builder was more interested in better access to the shocks than originality.  :dunno: Just a possibility.

There is a chance it was done by a shop that does all makes and models....these types of shops (mostly) do nice work but impossible for them to know all the ins and outs of all the different cars...