Main Menu

Challenger R/T rear springs

Started by erik70rt, May 24, 2017, 07:09:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

My car has those crappy air shocks on it, so I went and got a set of regular shacks and new arched springs to lift the back end just a little in the proper fashion. 

Is there any market for original rear springs from a 383 car?  If so, what is the current market price?  Or am I better off just junking them?

Thanks!
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Cuda Cody

Probably not a big market for them, but if you have space maybe just hold on to them.  You never know.

erik70rt

I'll take them to Carlisle and see what I can get for them.  If they don't sell, into the shed they will go.

Cuda Cody

Good plan! 

Maybe post the part number here in case someone searches for that part and will be able to contact you that they need them?   :notsure:

Quote from: erik70rt on May 24, 2017, 07:50:37 AM
I'll take them to Carlisle and see what I can get for them.  If they don't sell, into the shed they will go.

erik70rt

That's a good idea.  I'll do that when I pull them off this weekend.

soundcontrol

I have 3 used pairs in my shed, bought new ones for my convertible, any way to take a leaf out of one pair and add to another? Think all are from G code Challengers.

anlauto

Depending on the part numbers you can "throw them out" in my Carlisle vending spot :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

erik70rt

Oh I have plenty of stuff I can dump in your spot!   :P  Remind me what number is it again.......

anlauto

Can anybody tell me the number a factory 1970 340 Cuda convertible would use ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

6bblgt

early 1970 model year: 340'cuda convertible are "044" w/o an axle package (axle package are 024/034)

1971s are "045" -but I thought I saw these late '70 also - can someone confirm?

anlauto

Great...if they're 044's I'll buy them !  :takemymoney:

jimynick

Quote from: anlauto on May 24, 2017, 01:21:15 PM
Great...if they're 044's I'll buy them !  :takemymoney:
You mean you'll "spring" for them, don't you Alan?  :D
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Cuda Cody

Daveh

I had SS springs on my convertible which made it sit way too high.  I sold them on Craigslist and go $150.00 for them.  I was super happy with that and so was the new owner.  They would have just become a paperweight at my house.  So a win win for all.

erik70rt

I pulled the left one off and it's 043