Main Menu

Convertible Top Frame w/pics - value needed ASAP

Started by Jay Bee, May 25, 2018, 07:42:15 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Jay Bee

I need to put a selling price on my convertible top frame. Someone local is interested and I have no idea of its value. My google searching came up with nothing. All its flaws are pictured, it's not in good shape to say the least. Thanks in advance.

Cuda Cody

Wish I could help, but I don't have any idea on a fair price.   :sorry:

BIGSHCLUNK

No clue on value @Jay Bee but had to put my 2 cents in being a ragtop owner  :cheers:

Good luck w the sale
!

71vert340

If I needed one, I'd pay at least $1500.
Terry

cuda hunter

I agree with 1500. 
But I have seen them for more.  2250.00 range for what I see there.  But I would assume that cost was purchased by someone who needed those parts NOW. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

superdave

I believe I was quoted $2,500 within the last year for one that was complete and appeared in very good condition.  :dunno:
    Dave

Jay Bee

Thanks for the replies. cuda Hunter and 71vert340 those $1500 quotes, are you factoring all the flaws. Especially that totally disintegrated front header rubber seal channel?

Please, more ideas, thoughts and input. Maybe I should ask "him" what he's willing to pay for it.

6bblgt

the complete with issues top frame is going to be an expensive piece if needed, can't have a convertible w/o it  :thinking:

better individual pieces that are commonly rusty can be expensive to repair/replace also, but you need a top frame first .....

https://forum.e-bodies.org/parts-for-sale/9/cuda-challenger-convertible-top-header-weatherstrip-retainer/6986/msg97045#new

Chaos-N-Mayhem

My gut says they tend to be priced between $800 to $2000. However the higher priced ones I have seen had other convertible parts and trim with it and likely very good shape with top. Your overall description is very honest about its condition so there should be no surprises. I'd say value on that one would be $1000. But they are rare so it really is a sellers market.

anlauto

I would think member @Convertcuda would have a good idea of the value and the market for it... :dunno: Ken ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Since the weather strip retainer appears to be included & since I saw just that for sale here yesterday with an asking price of $1450.... Your top must be worth $1,000,000....   Realistically probably $12-1500....

Jay Bee

Just couldn't resist. Thanks again.

Convertcuda

Good tops are hard to find. They can range from 800.00 to 4000.00.  Its depends on joint bushing also if they are worn. Cork strip quality.  How many missing parts. From what I can see in the pic 2500 to 3000. To give a closer estimate I would need to see better pics. Header and front strip are worth the most money. I have tons of repair tops for parts. Tops are restorations projects just like cars.

Ken

Jay Bee

More pictures of the header and front strip. Forgot to mention that the bent channel is missing whatever ("cork strip") is suppose to be inside it. IMO, the front weather strip retainer is only useful as a template for a skilled fabricator.

Tagging those that gave a dollar figure in case these pics change your mind -
@71vert340 @cuda hunter @superdave @6bblgt @Chaos-N-Mayhem @1 Wild R/T @Convertcuda

YYZ

Interestingly, the header itself doesn't look too bad.  Yes, it needs a patch on the passenger side but the driver's side appears to be solid.

I've seen and had much, much worse.