Main Menu

Convertible Top Frame w/pics - value needed ASAP

Started by Jay Bee, May 25, 2018, 07:42:15 AM

Previous topic Next topic

superdave

My thoughts would be $1,300 plus or minus a little. It's kind of tough, top frames are an item I don't like to see become available because that kind of means there is one less convertible on the road. :crying:

71vert340

If I needed one, I'd pay $1500 because: 1) I do my own welding, 2) I have access to a sheet metal bender, 3) fabrication doesn't bother me as I have access to a  drill press, lathe and milling machine. The pieces are there to know what you need make. If a person has to pay someone else to do the work, that can make it seem too expensive to the person needing the frame. It's perspective. Seeing as the top frames aren't available very often, seller's market.
Terry

Mymcodebee

I currently have three. 
One is perfect I bought off Terry McCann two years ago.  $1800.00 and he met me at the Canadian Border.
The other is very nice that I believe I got an incredible deal on Craigs for $500.  Rick Wescott (RIP) picked up for me in Upstate NY and delivered to Carlisle for me.
The other is a basket case that would make a great parts top for the one you have or similar.   

I would pay $1000 for the yours based on the current condition.