Main Menu

Opinions Needed - 73 Challenger Rallye 340 4 speed

Started by 71383bee, October 11, 2017, 10:57:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

71383bee

Hello all.

I've been searching for a great driver 340 4 speed e body for a while now and came across this car on craigslist.  I've been in contact with the owner and have begun negotiations but wanted some feedback from you guys as this is my first e body. 

Its a numbers matching 73 challenger rallye in K6 with a white top and interior.  He's put mostly mechanical work into the car to make it a more dependable driver but otherwise its pretty stock. As for body work he noted that it looks like it had an older repaint, but for as long as hes had it its held up fine with no deterioration.  He mentioned the worst area looks to be the trunk which has some fiberglass and overspray on it.   

For me I'm looking for a solid driver that retains its original pedigree.  So this car is fitting the bill nicely.  I also love the white on brown color. 

In any case here is the link and i would really love your guys' feedback. 

https://providence.craigslist.org/cto/d/1973-dodge-challenger-rallye/6303549254.html
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

303 Mopar

Seems like a decent car with a cool paint combo.  Hard to go wrong with a numbers match 340 4 speed e-body, no matter what year.  I would say if you can get this down a little, maybe south of $20k your golden! 

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Yup: I wouldn't think twice about that one. It looks like a winner to me.
Sheldon

Roadman

Go look at the car, put 19K cash in your left pocket, 3K cash in your right pocket. You like it, pull the 19K out, flash it, get him to touch it. Tell him thats what you can do. Still got 3K to play with if you really like it. LET HIM SEE THE  :bigmoney:  Worked for me many times.   :rebelflag" :unitedstates:

Cuda Cody

If it runs and drives half as good as it looks and it's not a rust bucket, then it sure does seem like a good price.  It's a bit smaller market for the 72-74 E-Bodies so there is a bit more back for the buck there.  Good luck and let us know how it goes.   :bigthumb:

Bullitt-

If mine looked that good I wouldn't part with it for that little..  Assuming the trunk floor is the only real issue..   :alan2cents:
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

71383bee

Thanks for the replies guys. 

Your feedback is in line with my gut.  I've made him an offer and he's accepted.  The trouble is i need to sell my runner to both finance and give me the room to house it. 

Its pretty cool.  I've been looking for better part of a year now and weighing to sell the car or not and my girlfriend hit it on the head when she told me that this is the first car that actually pushed me to do it.  Everything prior only got me to consider selling.  Now its FOR SALE on craigslist.  I'll miss the runner as its a great car, but I'm ready to move on and I've always wanted a challenger since I was 16. 

anlauto

I hope you left a substantial deposit, because if you wait too long it will be gone.  :alan2cents:

If you think your Runner will sell quickly, I would consider financing the Challenger just to secure it :takemymoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

I think you got a great Challenger there!!!  Welcome to the E-Body club.  You're going to love it.   :banana:

blown motor

Congratulations on the purchase. Very nice car. Good luck with the sale of the runner.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

RUNCHARGER

Terrific car I think too. I think those colours look great on it.
Sheldon

nsmall

4 speed, 340, AC, rallye gauges, nice colors, well done!

I too agree.... get the money soon as the ad is still up.

In case the ad goes down here is a screenshot.

Not sure how old you are but wanting a Challenger since you were 16... I'm very happy for you!

71383bee

Thanks for the encouragement.  I've been in talks with him and he agreed to my number.  Its just a matter of getting out there to get her.  His opinion is I'm first in line but its for sale till lts sold.  Im working on solidifying that position some more but i think he knows I'm serious. 

looking at financing over short term while i sell the runner which i have confidence will go soon.