Main Menu

U or V code drive train

Started by cuda hunter, October 20, 2017, 06:51:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

6bblgt

thinking out loud here -
440 HP 4bbl single point VS. 440 3x2bbl dual point DISTRIBUTORS (& I did miss it above in differences)

AFAIK '1970 e-bodies
distributor is part of the engine assembly: *non-N95
- 440 4bbl automatic, 2 part numbers: with A/C (116) & without A/C (xxx) - gear does not matter
- 440 4bbl 4-speed, 1 part number (xxx) - gear does not matter
- 440 3x2bbl automatic, 1 part number (123) - gear does not matter
- 440 3x2bbl 4-speed, 1 part number (122) - gear does not matter

did I miss something?

Chryco Psycho

Are you sure about the piston difference , as I recall the HP 4bbl & 6 pack had identical bottom ends crank rods , pistons & balancing ?

6bblgt

'70
440HP 4bbl 9.7:1 compression - flat top pistons
440 3x2bbl -  10.5:1 compression - flat top w/4-valve relief pistons

fc7cuda

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 24, 2017, 12:41:36 AM
Are you sure about the piston difference , as I recall the HP 4bbl & 6 pack had identical bottom ends crank rods , pistons & balancing ?

Do I recall the crank was different too? P/N 2536983 vs 3512036.  Or was 2536983 NOT in U code cars, but in T code cars?  And 3512036 in both U and V.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: 6bblgt on October 23, 2017, 11:50:45 PM
thinking out loud here -
440 HP 4bbl single point VS. 440 3x2bbl dual point DISTRIBUTORS (& I did miss it above in differences)

AFAIK '1970 e-bodies
distributor is part of the engine assembly: *non-N95
- 440 4bbl automatic, 2 part numbers: with A/C (116) & without A/C (xxx) - gear does not matter
- 440 4bbl 4-speed, 1 part number (xxx) - gear does not matter
- 440 3x2bbl automatic, 1 part number (123) - gear does not matter
- 440 3x2bbl 4-speed, 1 part number (122) - gear does not matter

did I miss something?

I'm on the road for work right now so my post is entirely off memory but I thought the gear package triggered dual points... Apparently I'm wrong but it should & I'm somewhat disappointed that it doesn't

6bblgt

I believe the differences in the crankshaft is 3x2bbl (& HEMI) were nitride hardened to give the journal surfaces a harder finish (more durable) - not something you can see

rocker arms also have a different part number - I think for a similar reason, different process they go thru VS. a physical (dimensional) difference.  :dunno:

cuda hunter

I talked to Daryl today.  He said when the snow melts to come up and take a look and get whatever numbers I want.
His county has decided that he has too much stuff visible from the hiway and has told him he has to get rid of it all.
His dad moved in the place in the 50's.  Now since everyone is so worried about property prices here in Colorado, different municipalities are making these wonderful personal junk yards disappear.

In any case, I will look through everything here, make notes and then go get some numbers . 
Hopefully I can make a deal on this driveline for one of my 70 M46's. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Shoooter

take lots of pictures . I'm sure you will find some cool stuff

Brads70

Quote from: cuda hunter on March 10, 2018, 01:53:55 PM
I talked to Daryl today.  He said when the snow melts to come up and take a look and get whatever numbers I want.
His county has decided that he has too much stuff visible from the hiway and has told him he has to get rid of it all.
His dad moved in the place in the 50's.  Now since everyone is so worried about property prices here in Colorado, different municipalities are making these wonderful personal junk yards disappear.

In any case, I will look through everything here, make notes and then go get some numbers . 
Hopefully I can make a deal on this driveline for one of my 70 M46's.

If he has any AMC 401 engines I'm looking for a core to rebuild?  :wave: :D

bluespruce

If you need some help with that give me a time and would be more than happy to meet you and give you a hand with that job.

cuda hunter

I'll keep an eye out Brad.

And I will consider that @bluespruce . where are you out of again?

Oh , and lots of pictures.  more than i think i need. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

bluespruce

cuda hunter

So your not far at all.  Some time if your heading this way give a call or email and stop by.  I'm the only guy in town with a ton of mopars in his front yard.  We can talk fender tags!  :bigthumb:

bluespruce

Have been there 2 times this week and will be in town Tuesday next week

cuda hunter

What times do you usually come through?
I'm in B.V. right now building a home so work hours that's where I am.
It would be great to get together.

I know Daryl with the drive train collects 64-66 barracuda's so there should be  a lot of those years worth of parts.
I think the only e body parts he has is this drive train he removed way back when.