Main Menu

What are these worth

Started by Sparxx, November 05, 2019, 07:17:33 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Sparxx

Ended up with some extra parts. Not sure what they are worth I'll be looking to sell them to fund my project. All are OEM parts. Header panel from a 72-74 'cuda, a pillar trim chrome pieces, and dog dish hubcaps (I think from a 60s Dart).

JS29

There were members here looking for the A pillar chrome, In the parts wanted section.   :alan2cents: 

anlauto

I would say the header panel is garbage not worth anything...
Hub caps not sure about the rarity or desirability so my guess is just that...I would ask $100/set
A-Pillar trim I would say $25-$30 EACH piece.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on November 05, 2019, 08:25:09 AM
Hub caps not sure about the rarity or desirability so my guess is just that...I would ask $100/set

So the repo header is $300 but his is garbage?  I've said it many times & I'll say it again, I'd take an original body panel any day over Chinese repo crap.... :alan2cents:

anlauto

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on November 05, 2019, 08:34:46 AM

So the repo header is $300 but his is garbage?  I've said it many times & I'll say it again, I'd take an original body panel any day over Chinese repo crap.... :alan2cents:

His header panel has both ends cut completely off and it's been shortened....but you can go ahead and just weld it to the fenders I guess  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Sparxx

It's not cut off. There is no way someone cut it off perfectly straight.

Cuda Cody

Wouldn't the outsides look like this?  :notsure:

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on November 05, 2019, 08:40:41 AM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on November 05, 2019, 08:34:46 AM

His header panel has both ends cut completely off and it's been shortened....but you can go ahead and just weld it to the fenders I guess  :dunno:

Missed that, yup no value there...   I'll go back to workin on Challengers now...

anlauto

Quote from: Sparxx on November 05, 2019, 08:45:03 AM
It's not cut off. There is no way someone cut it off perfectly straight.

So if it were cut crooked you would be convinced ? :haha: :console:

The ends should look like this:
pictures stolen from eBay

anlauto

If you have a Cuda handy, or even just a Cuda hood.....measure the width of your header panel and compare, I bet you're almost 6" too narrow. :alan2cents:

BIGSHCLUNK

@ current scrap value.... not even a penny......

Sparxx

Took a better look at it it is cut off. They did a good job when they cut it and cut it straight and clean.

Chryco Psycho

I guess you could call it a good job LOL

Claudia

My question is why?  Why would you cut a header panel down in that manner?  If you needed the end pieces because another one is rusted out then why wouldn't you just use the entire header panel that you were going to cut up?  I believe the '71 - '74 header panel is the same and the '70 has different attaching points for the grill, correct?  :huh: :clueless: I'm sure that I am overlooking something obvious here . . .

anlauto

Quote from: Claudia on November 05, 2019, 01:37:27 PM
My question is why?  Why would you cut a header panel down in that manner?  If you needed the end pieces because another one is rusted out then why wouldn't you just use the entire header panel that you were going to cut up?  I believe the '71 - '74 header panel is the same and the '70 has different attaching points for the grill, correct?  :huh: :clueless: I'm sure that I am overlooking something obvious here . . .

1971 is a one year only piece as well. YES, they will interchange and be made to work in all 71-74's but they are not the same. Quick way to identify the year is the later ones have a plate to reinforce for horn mounting. :alan2cents: