Main Menu

What do you think guys.... 71 AMC Javelin....

Started by Brads70, August 03, 2017, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

That's good news....did I miss in this thread where you tell the story about where you found this car ?

I think you should tell the story...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

I like it and the cosmetics are pretty good.
Sheldon

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on October 12, 2018, 06:46:20 PM
That's good news....did I miss in this thread where you tell the story about where you found this car ?

I think you should tell the story...
https://forum.e-bodies.org/general-topics/7/anyone-live-near-rhinelander-wisconsin-to-go-look-at-a-car/8225/msg113861#msg113861
Using " search Tempest" I found it on craigslist in rhinelander wisconsin in the summer. After telling good buddy of mine a couple weeks ago about it and the price drop, he offered to drive down and tow dolly it back for me. 12 hour drive each way, crossed at Sault Saint Marie. Nice drive with the fall colours in full bloom! If it wasn't for Mike I wouldn't have the car. REALLY nice thing he did for me. I think he enjoyed watching me spend money for a change instead of him!LOL . We had a really nice steak dinner at some fancy place the locals suggested.  We have gone on many a road trip chasing down parts, but it was always for Mikes cars. This time it was my turn!  We had a great time , sure is a " remote" area. Reminds be of Muskoka but almost endless.   Nice place to visit but I couldn't live there. Can't figure out what people do there for work to survive?
Guy I bought the car from said he got it from a local "collector" that has over 40 cars! It's going to need a bunch of things, and I posted it on a facebook group for a local Mopar club one guy responded that he knew where a parts car was at for cheap, with a 401 engine etc :fingerscrossed:
... so I'm waiting to hear more info on that. Could use some glass, interior parts, steering column,steering wheel, seat belts,wiper arms, steering box, rear end etc.... so I could make use of a good parts car!  401 core would be a nice score also! It's a Pierre Cardin car( the parts car) , which parts off them go for stupid money but man are they a tacky interior, just WOW! Barf! ! Google it
I've been buying parts for this car for over a year now. I have NOS tail light assembly, nice AMX mesh grill and 4 speed pedals and a T56 6 speed, so I WAS going to get one "eventually" just a matter of the "right  one" at the right time. My 3 sons were at the wife pretty hard at times, so I think she realized  it was going to happen. She is hinting at another crusie now.  :Thud:  :whiteflag:

303 Mopar

Chryco Psycho

Congrats Brad
I am glad the trip wasn't for nothing , it looks great ! :drinkingbud:

700 AKN

Glad you finally got the car you wanted.   Looks like Christmas came early this year.
Good luck with your new toy and if you find any parts listed for sale in the London area that you need just let me know.  I could look at them or pick them up for you if you need them.

HP_Cuda

Way to go Brad, patience paid off finally!

The paint looks good and it looks like you have a great starting point. Remember if a Dana goes in the rear you know it will be begging for a 440!  :haha:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jim AAR

Congrats on finally making your dream a reality, always a fulfilling moment... Now the fun part begins making it your own....... :clapping: :twothumbsup: :yes:

Brads70

IRON MAN

Congratulations on finding a sweet 71 Humpster. The RWB paint scheme really wakes the car up. Mini lite wheels look good, too .  I sensed you had made an AMC purchase by some of your posts on the AMC forum, and chuckled when you asked a question and made the comment you consider yourself a "newbie."  ;)

340challconvert

Nice car and good luck with it!
:drinkingbud:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

1 Wild R/T

IRON MAN

It is going to be a "challenger" trying to find a RWB 1971 Javelin 1:18 scale.

Brads70

Quote from: IRON MAN on October 14, 2018, 12:22:33 PM
It is going to be a "challenger" trying to find a RWB 1971 Javelin 1:18 scale.

To be released.....  :fingerscrossed: :D I couldn't wait so I had to buy a life size replica?  :haha:
https://www.replicarz.com/1971-AMC-Javelin-Trans-Am-Mark-Donohue/productinfo/R18200/