Main Menu

What do you think guys.... 71 AMC Javelin....

Started by Brads70, August 03, 2017, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

Quote from: IRON MAN on July 27, 2018, 09:53:45 AM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on July 26, 2018, 09:29:31 PM

IMO a 70 Mark Donohue javelin would be the car to own but Brad wants the 71
1970 was a great year especially for the Javelin! Here's Donohue in his.

That car is at the Canepa Motorsports museum in Felton, CA.

http://luftsick.blogspot.com/2013/04/canepa-motorsports-museum.html

IRON MAN

Went to Canepa's website and watched a video of #6 Javelin racing 70 T'A's @ 2012 Coronado Speed Festival. Video shows a lot of foot motion while going through the gears.

Burdar

I saw two over the weekend.  A 69 and a 71 maybe.  The 69 is for sale.  I've seen it for a couple years on a used car lot.  I stopped by to get a closer look on Saturday.  It looks good from the street but up close it's pretty rough.  The 71 was sitting out infront of a guys house...all in primer.  Looked like it was in decent shape though.  I thought of Brad both times.  No pictures...

Brads70

:lurking: going on a 2 day roadtrip in the morning....  ;)  :-X

Chryco Psycho

Safe travels  I hope it is as good as it is represented  :bradsthumb:

Brads70

Well I guess in a way this is closure for this post but in another way it's just the beginning!  :D

This is now mine and in my driveway!  :veryexcited: :cooldance:
It's a 360, wanted a 401 but it will do for now. Lots of little things to do , wiring, carpet etc... but the major stuff is done . Paint is the hardest and most expensive part for me and I'm happy with it as is. Someone etched the quarter glass with a flower design?  :drunk: so I'll have to replace them, already have a guy on the AMC forum ready to set me up. I just went to swap out the rims and discovered someone had slipped a Chevy rear end in at some point. Yuck wrong bolt pattern for my rims.  I had planned on getting a Dana from Cass anyhow at some point, guess I'll start saving over the winter and see what happens in the spring, weather has turned crappy here so I'll put it away for the winter! I had already bought a t56 for this car so might as well do it all at once and get one driveshaft made
No more boredom for me this winter!  :bradsthumb:  Lots of plans now..... :yes:

dodj

Congrats on your new acquisition Brad. Sooooo, which one spends the winter in the snow? Doesn't look like there is enough room for two?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Challenger in NC

Brads70

Quote from: dodj on October 12, 2018, 03:38:22 PM
Congrats on your new acquisition Brad. Sooooo, which one spends the winter in the snow? Doesn't look like there is enough room for two?

LOL, Challenger gets the garage, Javelin gets a tent garage in the backyard.

Congratulations on your new ride ! She looks great !
You can always work towards the 401.
One of these days I will visit my brother in Pikeville NC and try to visit the AMC dealership that is like a time stopped .

https://barnfinds.com/former-amc-dealership-full-cars/

Brads70

Quote from: 73440 on October 12, 2018, 05:47:15 PM
Congratulations on your new ride ! She looks great !
You can always work towards the 401.
One of these days I will visit my brother in Pikeville NC and try to visit the AMC dealership that is like a time stopped .

https://barnfinds.com/former-amc-dealership-full-cars/
Ya looks like a fun place to poke around!

Dakota

:woohoo: Congrats on the new-to-you ride Brad!   I can hear the gears in your head turning from here.   I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

anlauto

So are you still married ?

.....and in the future....will the Challenger be up for sale ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on October 12, 2018, 06:30:30 PM
So are you still married ?

.....and in the future....will the Challenger be up for sale ?
yep and nope, Wife is pretty good with it, not mad at all? Challenger will always be my favourite car of all time.  I've got 3 boys , so..... I don't want any fighting when I go for the dirt nap.  :haha:

Maybe a Swede Savage Cuda at some point? You know to keep the Trans Am theme going.  :rofl: