Main Menu

What do you think guys.... 71 AMC Javelin....

Started by Brads70, August 03, 2017, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Quote from: gzig5 on September 14, 2021, 05:32:25 AM
Quote from: gzig5 on September 06, 2021, 01:55:54 PM
That's going to look very clean.  Nice job. 
I want a 24" metal brake, but I don't have the space to keep it when it isn't in use.

Well, it must be Karma.  I've tried to be a good boy lately.  I ran across this on FB market.  Got if for the princely sum of $10 American and a two hour round trip.  It is a home made job but seems to be nicely done and heavy duty with 5/8" plate.  18" width capacity and should do 18ga without issue.  I'll get it cleaned up a bit, add some hold downs and handles, and it will be in use this week.  Big enough for what I need but I can put it on a shelf or in the corner when not in use.
Now back to your regularly scheduled topic.

:clapping:  Great score!

YellowThumper

Lol "good boy". A deal is a deal. Especially when you have the use for it.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Brads70

Today was an amazing day weather wise. I had a few hours before family comes for thanksgiving dinner so....  I made up a few A/C lines. Went great, nice with all the right tools.

Brads70

Sorry for some of the upside down pictures...

Hyd clutch is all welded/mounted now as well, just needs some fluid.

anlauto

You bought the tool to crimp your own AC lines ? :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on October 11, 2021, 01:14:29 PM

Yes, I'm a bit of a tool hound. I don't mind buying tools. I can always sell it if I figure I'll never use it again?

anlauto

Too bad you weren't closer, I pay Paul at Horton's Hot Rods to crimp mine... :bigmoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on October 11, 2021, 01:14:29 PM
Well...he's a TOOL and die guy...so he's always gonna buy more tools.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on October 11, 2021, 05:54:12 PM
Too bad you weren't closer, I pay Paul at Horton's Hot Rods to crimp mine... :bigmoney:
It was only 170 canadian to buy it. Worth the convenience  to me? ebay purchase...
I like this one for the portability, you can assemble hoses on the car and crimp as necessary without taking things apart. For $170 its not worth the headache driving somewhere to pay someone to crimp your line?  :alan2cents:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/402192275093

Sent from my SM-A715W using Tapatalk

Cudajason

Quote from: Brads70 on October 12, 2021, 04:48:40 AM
It was only 170 canadian to buy it. Worth the convenience  to me? ebay purchase...
I like this one for the portability, you can assemble hoses on the car and crimp as necessary without taking things apart. For $170 its not worth the headache driving somewhere to pay someone to crimp your line?  :alan2cents:

Is this only good for AC lines, or could you do other hydraulic lines????
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Brads70

Quote from: Cudajason on October 12, 2021, 12:09:54 PM

Is this only good for AC lines, or could you do other hydraulic lines????

Good question, I'm not sure?  :notsure:
I suspect a hyd line like a power steering line would have steel fittings as were A/C has aluminum so maybe this wouldn't be strong enough or the correct crimp?

YellowThumper

Looked the one you posted up and they are about 100 dollars cheaper than the vintage air version I was planning on purchasing.
Did it work well enough for you to recommend it?
Should be receiving my Vintage Air purchase in about a month.

Mike.

Brads70

Quote from: YellowThumper on October 14, 2021, 07:36:07 PM

Looked the one you posted up and they are about 100 dollars cheaper than the vintage air version I was planning on purchasing.
Did it work well enough for you to recommend it?
Should be receiving my Vintage Air purchase in about a month.

Works great, no regrets buying it. Vintage air wants $579 USD for the same thing, much more than $100 difference. The one I got was $170 Canadian which is under $140 USD  :bradsthumb:
https://www.vintageair.com/hose-kits-fittings/?subcat1=Crimp%20Tool

YellowThumper

Thanks. Just scored a new guage set for charging system from a store closing for $75. Couldn't whip my  :alan2cents: out fast enough.

Mike.

RUNCHARGER

That's the way I think as well, That's how I ended up with 3 overflowing toolbox setups.
Sheldon