Main Menu

What do you think guys.... 71 AMC Javelin....

Started by Brads70, August 03, 2017, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

YellowThumper

Sometimes it is better to be lucky...
Very cool. Looks right at home there.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Brads70

Finished up all the accessory brackets and the ARH headers finally arrive. Man they were not cheap! You think TTI are expensive..... 

Brads70

Finished with the rad/condenser install . Nice to get rid of some big boxes and get parts bolted to the car.  Still need to clean up the fender brace rods ..... I bought stainless button head cap screws for the upper rad mount and fenders, wow they are not cheap anymore, but what is I guess.

RUNCHARGER

That's looking great. It looks period even with the modern touches, just right. Corvette air cleaner?
Sheldon

anlauto

:foul: Is that a "stack" of washers on the alternator bolt ? :pokeeye:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on June 24, 2021, 06:43:38 AM
That's looking great. It looks period even with the modern touches, just right. Corvette air cleaner?
thanks yes vette air cleaner. cheaper and available... " All Makes  Corporation " right lol. the correct air clearers fetch over 3k . 

Sent from my SM-A715W using Tapatalk

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on June 24, 2021, 07:17:05 AM
:foul: Is that a "stack" of washers on the alternator bolt ? :pokeeye:

HAHA Way to keep me on my toes. I took this picture while I was fine tuning the length of the  spacer so I didn't bottom out on the engine block. I did turn up a spacer but in the end used just one regular grade 8 washer.  :bradsthumb:

What screwed me up was the pulley was off ( machined incorrectly for dual A/C belts ) So I pulled out my spare alternator and had to adjust the spacer . I contacted the manufacturer and they want me to pay $30 plus shipping for another ( correctly machined pulley?) I haven't responded yet, thinking ummm ya right boys I have 3 of your alternators one of the pulleys was machined wrong .... I've already paid your for the correct pulley! Why should I have to pay again?  Not the end of the world I'm sure if I ever needed my spare I could swap over the pullies . While for the Javelin I don't " need" this much alternator capacity I'm using the same power steering pump and alternator on both the Challenger and the Javelin, so I'll only need one spare to suit both cars.

Brads70

It has been a busy July for me business wise ( unexpectant ) so I haven't had much time for the Javelin.  Today I got to work on it and welded in the tranny hump I made for the T56

Brads70

I had the afternoon to work on it today. Lots of welding and grinding . Got to use my dimple dies again and made a seat brace for the floor. That sure stiffened things up with little weight gain. Got it painted also. Tremclad and a brush.... Just a garage build, nothing too fancy here.   

anlauto

That's looks fantastic Brad...Nothing wrong with building a car in your "garage" ;) ....or as I was told before. "your wife's two car garage" :haha: :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

Hee Hee. Looking great Brad!  :bigthumb:

After you said "Tremclad and a brush",........ adding "nothing too fancy" was really not necessary..lol  :P

I helped a friend paint a seventy something duster grey tremclad once. We used a roller. lol. Hit the trim, bumpers, glass, door handles.......But hey..we were in high school. It's all we could afford.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

70vert

Damn, making me feel like a slacker (been working on headlights for almost a month)!! Amazing work.

Brads70

Quote from: dodj on August 28, 2021, 05:46:34 PM
Hee Hee. Looking great Brad!  :bigthumb:

After you said "Tremclad and a brush",........ adding "nothing too fancy" was really not necessary..lol  :P

I helped a friend paint a seventy something duster grey tremclad once. We used a roller. lol. Hit the trim, bumpers, glass, door handles.......But hey..we were in high school. It's all we could afford.

Well at some point it will get covered with carpet so its fine with me.Keeps it from rusting -main goal.  I'll do the bottom same way.  Funny I have a buddy that used to paint his street stock circle track cars with tremclad and a roller/brush. He would " color sand" it then buff it and it looked pretty darn good for the intended purpose and easy to touch up after Saturday nights " festivities"  HAHA  I would have never known it was not sprayed if he didn't tell me.

jimynick

That car must, in it's own automotive fashion, give thanks everyday that it came into your hands Brad. Your can-do attitude and amazing machinist abilities never cease to amaze me and your sense of where this car is going, also impresses. Great work and I can't wait to see and hear the completed beast!  :twothumbsup:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

dodj

The cross member,  or whatever it is close to where your heel would be when driving. Is that a modification or just how javelin floor pans are?
Seems like an odd place for a bump in the floor.

I really like watching your progress on this.  I'm not an originality kind of hobbyist,  so watching it get built 'as you want to build it' is cool.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill