Main Menu

WIW? 1970 Cuda AAR 340+6 B5 Blue Auto

Started by Cuda Cody, June 25, 2017, 04:01:43 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

You think @cuda dad  was thinking of buying it?  Cool!  Wonder how close and what the price was when he was looking at it?

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on June 25, 2017, 06:42:17 PM
Pretty sure thats a car @ cuda dad  considered before picking up his FE5 4Spd AAR

Cuda Cody

No, I did not look.  But I can if I see the car again.  It original came from about 3 hours south of you in Monroe, Wisconsin.

Quote from: Convertcuda on June 25, 2017, 06:42:46 PM
Thanks Cody! Im still trying to do a little research on my space save spare date code and jack mask date code. Did  you by chance see the date code on jack and space saver for reference?

Thanks Ken

Convertcuda

Wow thats cool. If you do I would be so thankful. Please take reference pics on spacer rubber (since there are a few versions), numbers by valve stem and in the center of where wheels mounts. Also date on Jack. Then I can figure what to do for my car. I'm sure many others would like this info too.

Thanks Ken

mopargem

Great curb appeal with that color combo and long term ownership but beware of that Wisconsin rust if that's where you said it once lived, although it doesn't look that bad to me. This car is worth more than 25. I'm thinking 35-40.

6bblgt

it looks like a great AAR to have the privilege of being the first one to restore it (sometimes there is a $$ premium to that)

yes, all the soft parts that need replacement will be reproduction, but it appears the majority of its components could be restored VS. catalog shopping reproduction parts and chasing trinkets

torredcuda

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 25, 2017, 06:29:49 PM
Appreciate the help everyone.  $35k does seem like a fair number on it.  My little cheat book has it at $31,500, but I think this car has a little more going for it being a 1 owner and all the numbers and documents are there.  But it is an Auto and there is some rust.  Going over $40k would be very hard to do.

I think you nailed it there, if it were 4 spd maybe $40k
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

anlauto

Gees Cody...you have all the luck in the world....What timing ! :banana:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JustinHEMI

ec_co

the $25k I was thinking before the other pics were loaded and if it had bad rusties in the quarters/floorpan/trunkpan. but it looks pretty good. he auto holds it back a little. $35 seems about right, maybe a little more with all the history/documentation.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

303 Mopar

Timing is everything, its how I've found a couple of my cars.  @Cuda Cody, since you already have a couple of gorgeous fully restored e-bodies I would be very tempted to just get it running and drive it as a true survivor car rather than take it off the road for a couple more years and dump $60k into a restoration.  I guess you have to buy it first so one step at a time.

anlauto

Quote from: 303 Mopar on June 26, 2017, 06:28:49 AM
Timing is everything, its how I've found a couple of my cars.  @Cuda Cody, since you already have a couple of gorgeous fully restored e-bodies I would be very tempted to just get it running and drive it as a true survivor car rather than take it off the road for a couple more years and dump $60k into a restoration.  I guess you have to buy it first so one step at a time.

I hear this all the time but could never understand the thrill of driving a ratty looking piece of crap ? :looney:, I guess it's just me....I don't even like driving my truck when it's dirty....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

303 Mopar

Quote from: anlauto on June 26, 2017, 07:07:13 AM
Quote from: 303 Mopar on June 26, 2017, 06:28:49 AM

I hear this all the time but could never understand the thrill of driving a ratty looking piece of crap ? :looney:, I guess it's just me....I don't even like driving my truck when it's dirty....

Its the "time capsule" "only original once" thing.  You can restore it anytime and there are plenty of fully restored cars out there, but how many all original non-restored cars do you see. Granted it is rusty and can be cleaned up some, but seeing it in this state would really be cool. 

RUNCHARGER

I agree: Seeing them in this state is pretty cool. Owning them in that state always seems like a good idea until it happens, then every scratch and mark starts to bug you.
Sheldon

anlauto

It's just me really....I'm the only guy walking through the "survivor tent" at Carlisle thinking most of the cars need to be restored :pullinghair:

303 Mopar

Quote from: anlauto on June 26, 2017, 06:41:57 PM
It's just me really....I'm the only guy walking through the "survivor tent" at Carlisle thinking most of the cars need to be restored :pullinghair:

You see more cars in the "before" and "after" stage than most people, so that could be influencing your opinion.  I've never had an all "original" car so that is my curiosity.