Main Menu

Brake Pedal Adjustment

Started by 303 Mopar, February 18, 2018, 03:49:44 PM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

My brake lights come on, but not until the pedal is pressed fairly hard. So when I just lightly have the pedal pressed when slowly approaching a light/stop sign, the brake lights do not come on.  Is there an adjustment so the brake lights come on sooner when you press the pedal?

1 Wild R/T

Yup... The bracket that the switch mounts in slides where it mounts to the pedal box.... loosen one 7/16 head bolt & slide the adjuster where it needs to be....Piece of cake..

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

fc7cuda

The manual helps you adjust it to the proper setting. Important so folks behind you know when you're braking.  :lookatthat:

303 Mopar

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on February 18, 2018, 03:58:24 PM
Yup... The bracket that the switch mounts in slides where it mounts to the pedal box.... loosen one 7/16 head bolt & slide the adjuster where it needs to be....Piece of cake..

Sorry, just want to be clear what bracket you're referring to, is this one on the pedal?

anlauto

See the switch with the two wires, it's on a "L" shaped bracket...on the other end is a 7/16 head bolt (out of view in your picture)....loosen and adjust.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

Looking at your picture again, it looks like the switch is jammed in the "lights off" position  :dunno: The little white knob of the switch should be riding on that lever... :alan2cents:

303 Mopar

Quote from: anlauto on February 18, 2018, 08:09:59 PM
See the switch with the two wires, it's on a "L" shaped bracket...on the other end is a 7/16 head bolt (out of view in your picture)....loosen and adjust.

Got it!  Thanks!   :banana: