Main Menu

Dumb LCA question.

Started by Rdchallenger, July 12, 2019, 05:25:27 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Rdchallenger

So I got a set of LCAs at Carlisle for a fantastic price (Borat voice) "great success". But I'm unsure what this tab is on the new ones that I have circled my originals do not have it.

Katfish

Great success!
That's for a sway bar, score!

Rdchallenger

Quote from: Katfish on July 12, 2019, 05:37:28 PM
Great success!
That's for a sway bar, score!

Well damn! My stock ones don't have that lol. $100 for the pair. That's going to be exciting to add!

RUNCHARGER

Add a big sway bar, you won't believe how much nicer it will drive.
Sheldon

Rdchallenger

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on July 12, 2019, 06:22:45 PM

Already looking into it... This just made my night!

Brads70

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on July 12, 2019, 06:22:45 PM

:iagree: but beware.... one thing leads to another!  :yes:

Recommend this one, (I'm using it on mine) but shop around for pricing!
https://www.hotchkis.net/product/front-sport-sway-bar-set-70-74-mopar-e-body-from-hotchkis-sport-suspension/?mk=40&yr=1970&md=286&sm=295

RUNCHARGER

Yes: When I typed "big" I was thinking well big along with a rear bar to balance it of course. Then of course there's shocks, t-bars etc. but that front bar will really help.
Sheldon

Rdchallenger

Definitely going with .9 torsion bars... and well a nice new sway bar... other than those things. Nothing at the moment.

Brads70

Quote from: Rdchallenger on July 12, 2019, 06:54:18 PM
Definitely going with .9 torsion bars... and well a nice new sway bar... other than those things. Nothing at the moment.

I'd go with at least 1.03" minimum  :alan2cents:

Rdchallenger

What about the 1.00 firm feel? :thinking:

Brads70

Quote from: Rdchallenger on July 12, 2019, 07:13:06 PM
What about the 1.00 firm feel? :thinking:

I started with 1.03" then quickly sold them off and went to 1.120" FF also have here 1.180"FF but haven't tried them yet. . I think they( the 1.030") were PST? They also sell hollow sway bars I think like Hotchkis.  Stock diameter Mopar torsion bars are great for restoration but not handling. IMO
https://p-s-t.com/n-11821-mopar-torsion-bars.html

http://www.firmfeel.com/e_body_mopar_parts.html

Be forewarned , its not just one part that makes a car handle well its the combo, buying just a big torsion bar won't cut it, shocks, sway bars, tires etc....   mission creep!  :haha:
I'd suggest figuring out what you want in regards to handling first, for me I was after the best I could make it with the stock design. Other's just want a cruiser, others want an improvement over the stock set up. The old saying "speed costs money. How fast do you want to go"

Rdchallenger

Honestly just a little improvement over stock. The sway bar setup is a nice surprise and I figure a little bigger torsion bars will help as well. The car really just will be a weekend cruiser on rural roads.

Brads70

Quote from: Rdchallenger on July 12, 2019, 08:01:01 PM
Honestly just a little improvement over stock. The sway bar setup is a nice surprise and I figure a little bigger torsion bars will help as well. The car really just will be a weekend cruiser on rural roads.

Then yes the 1" will be fine . I can't remember what your engine is SB or BB . If its a BB then I'd go the next size up? 1.060" If your wanting to stick with FF which are great products, they make the best quality torsion bars IMO . I was involved with a circle track project a few years ago. Tried every torsion bar the local Mopar dealer could get and the race car would never be consistent, ride was always lowering/changing. Got a set from FF and that solved that problem. Ride height never changed after that. FF also is a dealer for Bilstein shocks so I see.... one stop shopping to save on shipping?  :Stirring:  :D   

RUNCHARGER

Great products, great service a Firm Feel.
Sheldon

340challconvert

One other thing to consider; the reinforcement plates that could be added to the bottom of the LCA's. Since they are out of the car; helps with flex for minimal dollars. I am thinking that you will change out the LCA bushings. I bought this kit from Just Suspensions.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible