Main Menu

Goodyear Polyglas radials ?

Started by usraptor, April 16, 2017, 12:05:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Shoooter

How much do a set of polyglas tires cost?

smallhurst

What size are you looking for?  My cell is 816-654-3400.

Rusty

anlauto

Quote from: Shoooter on April 22, 2017, 07:38:01 AM

For international purchases.... I recommend Summit Racing. Go to their site, find the size you want, plug in your address and you'll get the exact total cost to your door in USD, just do the conversion and you're all set. :banana:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cataclysm80

Quote from: HP2 on April 17, 2017, 07:27:50 AM
You will need to decide which way to compromise on the alignment if you are swapping between bias plys and radials. Radials will tolerate a much wider range of alignment angles which allow more aggressive settings. Bias plys do not. If you align to the OEM specs, you won't utilize your radials to their fullest capability. If you align to radial specs, your bias plys will wear prematurely and howl in protest.

:iagree:  when you swap between your different wheel/tire setups, you might want to get a new alignment every time.

The best solution is to buy another​ E body for your extra tire setup, and just leave it on there.  :yes:

smallhurst

Quote from: anlauto on April 25, 2017, 07:53:06 AM
Quote from: Shoooter on April 22, 2017, 07:38:01 AM

For international purchases.... I recommend Summit Racing. Go to their site, find the size you want, plug in your address and you'll get the exact total cost to your door in USD, just do the conversion and you're all set. :banana:

I can do that too.... just ring my bell rather than pushing buttons.  816-654-3400.  New F60-15 Polyglas showed up today, but won't last long.

Rusty

Rusty

anlauto

Rusty
When you ship tires across the border how do you calculate the taxes and duty prior to shipping ?
Every time a part crosses the border it's subject to additional taxes. Ordering parts from the States always sucks for us because we're hit with taxes we didn't even know about. :bigmoney:

That's the only reason I keep pushing Summit Racing is because a very unique feature of their website is that ALL of that is calculated up front and there are no hidden costs when the parts arrive. The only other large company I've seen do this is @RockAuto, I've never seen any of the small companies  or private sellers be able to do this.

Put it this way.....I have an account with Kelsey tire and probably get similar pricing that you do, however because of the border tax BS....I've switched to buying from Summit.

If you can offer this too, then GREAT ! It's a very important aspect of buying parts out of the States.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Shoooter

I agree. I like knowing the total no hidden charges

JH27N0B

I read on another forum where someone said they talked to Kelsey recently and they are planning to introduce radial versions of Goodyear Polyglas soon! Only 2 sizes though, F60x15 and F70X14.  Unfortunately they didn't know the timing other than to say they have already made the molds but have testing, DOT certification etc to do before they start selling them.  I desperately need F70x14 to replace my 20+ year old Eagle ST's on my convertible!  :soshelp:

RUNCHARGER

Good plan, nothing looks as nice as a Polyglas GT.
Sheldon

anlauto

..........however I think the tread pattern and "squareness" of the sidewall is what gives the PolyGlas the "look" :drooling:.....if they make a radial version, I would hope they don't lose the integrity of that "look"......

Personally I hate the look of the radial redlines that are available for that very reason...