Main Menu

Leaf Spring Shackle Bushings - Frame Side

Started by GoodysGotaCuda, May 13, 2017, 08:01:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoodysGotaCuda

I purchased a new set of frame side leaf spring shackle bushings [Moog K7309] and the OD of the smaller portion seems fine, slides into the rail with no issue. The large part of the bushing compresses into the rail, exposing the rail to the shackle itself [not good]. My rails are aftermarket replacements [Sherman].

http://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/moog-k7309

Any recommendations for a part that will fit? I will post pictures soon.

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

GoodysGotaCuda

The left side bushing is into the rail and the right side is pushed out. Basically the shackle can float laterally in the rail, the way it is now.

It should have the lip of the bushing touching on both sides, both the shackle and the frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Brads70

I seem to remember when I did mine that there is two different sizes of steel bushings that go inside of the rubber preventing it from collapsing? As fate would have it, I got the wrong size from Cass and had to make up my own?

Brads70

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on May 13, 2017, 08:06:17 PM
The left side bushing is into the rail and the right side is pushed out. Basically the shackle can float laterally in the rail, the way it is now.

It should have the lip of the bushing touching on both sides, both the shackle and the frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like you need to make up some spacers? I had to for the front springs mounts....