Main Menu

PST 1.03 torsion bar install.. LCA orientation?

Started by FSHTAIL, June 11, 2020, 02:26:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

FSHTAIL

Any pictures of your ride height?
What angle did yours clock at when you set them up?
Quote from: RUNCHARGER
link=topic=16784.msg221684#msg221684 date=1592403834

Nothing wrong with that at all.
1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

HP2

I have 1.24" t-bars. Installed height was at ride level. This is how much bolt I have sticking out.

Katfish

That looks too much, I think I'd rotate the bar another hex

MOPAR MITCH

HP2 -- the bolts are way too much extended... mine are up almost all the way into the LCA... and as you know, I have 1.24" TBs.

FSHTAIL

Quote from: MOPAR MITCH on June 25, 2020, 12:42:19 PM
HP2 -- the bolts are way too much extended... mine are up almost all the way into the LCA... and as you know, I have 1.24" TBs.

I'm still buttoning up my power steering setup and brake caliper leak and then I'm ready to sit it on the ground..   

I'm hoping the bolt doesn't stick as far down as HP2..     :stop:

Solarguy

It looks like your caliper bleeder screws are on the bottom in post 14, can they be swapped side to side to get them on top.  Its going to be hard to get the air out if not at highest point

Mr Lee

Quote from: Solarguy on July 01, 2020, 04:46:06 AM
It looks like your caliper bleeder screws are on the bottom in post 14, can they be swapped side to side to get them on top.  Its going to be hard to get the air out if not at highest point

Maybe a reverse bleeding technique would work.  Pumping it from the bottom up, then pulling the fluid out of the master cylinder.
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

anlauto

Quote from: Solarguy on July 01, 2020, 04:46:06 AM

Wilwood calipers have bleeder screws at both ends, top and bottom  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

HP2

Quote from: Chris Pauluk on June 30, 2020, 11:13:46 PM
Quote from: MOPAR MITCH on June 25, 2020, 12:42:19 PM

I'm still buttoning up my power steering setup and brake caliper leak and then I'm ready to sit it on the ground..   

I'm hoping the bolt doesn't stick as far down as HP2..     :stop:

Yea, I didn't think anything of that until the feedback here.  When I went from .88 to .96 it stuck out a bit further than original. With the 1.24, the length sticking out didn't surprise me at all and in all honesty, I'm not too worried about it. It is way down on the priority list of things to change.

FSHTAIL

Just a little update, she's sitting on the ground under her own weight.   

One side note, yeah, those Wilwood calipers have for bleeder screws per caliper, you just bleed the ones that are higher up, so you only need to bleed to at the top, the bottoms stay put

I clocked these at the 4:30 position, the fact that the arms were hanging down as far as they were was kind of irrelevant since there was no tension on the arms, I was only looking at the height of the hex to adjustment bolt.  There was no spindle bolted up at that moment.      So that's why it looks way off. 

In my unprofessional opinion, these are perfect, this is a little lower than I want to ride so when I crank these up, the bolt heads will be up in the arms a little bit more than what you see now.     

I'm just going to let the car settle til about 5 p.m. today and then I'm going to set the toe with a tape measurer and give it a rip around the block before adjusting the ride height to get things settled down. 

A friend of mine gave me an idea for adjusting the toe since it will be on the ground, a bunch of used plastic bags from a grocery stores underneath each one of the tires so that it will move a little easier, cheaper than a giant Lazy Susan bearing plate.    😁

The other idea was using two pieces of metal with grease sandwiched between, unless anyone else has any ideas?

So far I'm pretty stoked. 
Thanks for the help. 

RUNCHARGER

Plastic bags should help. I use ceramic floor tiles. I adjust it, back it up at least 10 feet, drive forward and measure it again, that way it isn't bound up.
Sheldon