Main Menu

Rear leaf spring

Started by automate33, February 07, 2018, 10:51:33 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

My friend just installed ESPO +1" on his '70 with 275/60/15 rear tires. This is with a full tank of gas too.

automate33

Many thanks guys!

ESPO +1'' look great!

GrandpaKevin

I think you will be happy with ESPO springs, again if you have any questions give them a call.

I also installed these HD front spring hanger mounts that have 2 holes.

Using the bottom hole is the stock location, if you think the car sits too high switching to the top hole lowers the rear by about an inch.

http://www.manciniracing.com/marasphaset.html

automate33

dodj

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 07, 2018, 11:26:25 AM
It might just be me, but I don't like the look of an e-body as much when it appears to have the trunk full of groceries and squating down in the rear.
:haha:
What do you eat?

I agree but my prefered adjustment to fix the saggy bum 'look' is to drop the nose.  It will reward you in the corners. 

automate, tire size has a lot to do with added height springs looking good/proper. When looking at other guys car pics make sure you are paying attention to the tire they have in there. :alan2cents:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

automate33

i have BFG 245/60/15, no 275/60/15.

automate33

hi guys,

what do you advice me to rebuild front suspension?

303 Mopar

Quote from: automate33 on March 07, 2018, 10:23:54 AM
hi guys,

what do you advice me to rebuild front suspension?

Buy a Moog kit that has all bushings.  PST sells them.  And you might as well upgrade your torsion bars and add a front sway bar if you don't have one.

dodj

:iagree: with Dan, PST offers 1.03" bars that are a nice upgrade.
And buy the moog 'offset' bushings for the upper control arms. More caster = more better.
And do the alignment after you install the new springs.  :alan2cents:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill