Main Menu

Rear suspension question

Started by blown motor, January 08, 2020, 06:15:50 AM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

The rear springs are aftermarket and the front hanger has two holes an inch and half apart. The springs are in the top hole. The back end of the car is too low. If I move the springs to the bottom hole how much will that lift the car? I'm looking for an inch and half lift, will I need to lengthen the shackle also?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Chryco Psycho

The front has more to do with ride height , you should gain approx 1 inch moving to the lower hole  , the ratio of moving the front of the spring relative to the diff mounting point 20" rearward , no need to do anything with the shackles

screamindriver

Sounds like a super stock spring front hangar...Keep in mind as a general rule {mopars are more biased to the front as Chryco has pointed out}you'll get 1/2 the lift{of the total distance between the two} from jumping from one hole to the other when dealing with one end of the spring..Also, I'm not sure where your pinion angle falls now but you will be dropping the nose as you use that lower hole so make sure you're still in range for the driveshaft angle..

JS29

:iagree:If the angel is off, you will go through u-joints like popcorn in a movie theater!  :yes:

RUNCHARGER

In my experience dropping the front spring eye will help the tires bite a little harder. If the pinion angle is too extreme you can buy shims to correct it.
Sheldon

rtgreen

don't you want like 2 degrees pinion angle? or close to that?

Chryco Psycho

you want the deflection angle to be the same at both ends so the trans & diff should be parrallel but the nose of the diff should be nose down 3-5* so ti tends to straighten the angle as the nose of the diff climbs the ring gear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idk3BVDVHq4
1 more similar video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDmz0tibVGM