Main Menu

Recommendations for front disc brake kit?

Started by Challenger in NC, December 20, 2019, 10:21:08 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Challenger in NC

My car is mainly a stock restoration, so I don't need anything exotic. Who are members sourcing disc brake kits from? I plan on running 15 x 7 rallye wheels and keeping the drums in the rear. Don't need brake lines, booster or M/C at this stage, just the wheel components.

I will will check with Dave at Roseville. This would be the type of package I need:
https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product/62-72-b-and-e-body-front-disc-brake-wheel-kit/

Thanks
Chris

Cuda Cody

You'll need a different master reservoir and brake booster too, right?

PatO

I bought this Kit from Dave for my 72 challenger.  :bigthumb:

It went together fairly well.  I ended up buying thicker copper washers for the banjo bolts.  Also the brake lines were not braided stainless steel in my kit but that wasn't a big deal for me.

Good instructions too.

Challenger in NC

Quote from: Cuda Cody on December 20, 2019, 10:34:33 AM
You'll need a different master reservoir and brake booster too, right?

I have an original 1970 type bendix pdb booster (18268) and a later model M/C (Cardone?).

Challenger in NC

Quote from: PatO on December 20, 2019, 10:38:00 AM
I bought this Kit from Dave for my 72 challenger.  :bigthumb:

It went together fairly well.  I ended up buying thicker copper washers for the banjo bolts.  Also the brake lines were not braided stainless steel in my kit but that wasn't a big deal for me.

Good instructions too.

Good info. thanks.

GrandpaKevin

I did a stock type 10.95 manual front disc conversion kit off an E-bay seller, I think it was Pirate Jacks.
I think most stock type conversion kits from all vendors contain the same parts.
I switched the spindles side to side and mounted the calipers towards the front of the car.
The only issue I had was using 15x8 wheels with 4 1/2 back spacing, the wheels rubbed the calipers slightly so I had to remove/grind some material off the tops of the calipers, I eventually ended up going with 15x7 wheels to run taller front tires.
The disc brake conversion has worked perfectly for the last 3 years.

If I had to do it again I would go with Dr. Diff as I ended up buying a matching aluminum master cylinder and distribution block for the conversion from Cass anyway.
https://www.doctordiff.com/brakes/complete-kits/

Challenger in NC

Quote from: GrandpaKevin on December 20, 2019, 11:48:04 AM
I did a stock type 10.95 manual front disc conversion kit off an E-bay seller, I think it was Pirate Jacks.
I think most stock type conversion kits from all vendors contain the same parts.
I switched the spindles side to side and mounted the calipers towards the front of the car.
The only issue I had was using 15x8 wheels with 4 1/2 back spacing, the wheels rubbed the calipers slightly so I had to remove/grind some material off the tops of the calipers, I eventually ended up going with 15x7 wheels to run taller front tires.
The disc brake conversion has worked perfectly for the last 3 years.

If I had to do it again I would go with Dr. Diff as I ended up buying a matching aluminum master cylinder and distribution block for the conversion from Cass anyway.
https://www.doctordiff.com/brakes/complete-kits/

I'll look into those. Thanks.