Main Menu

Steering Coupler to New Reconditioned Power Steering Box

Started by Rossi, December 26, 2018, 02:46:25 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Rossi

I didn't think it looked good either. Those are supposed to be nice and sharp like the rest. They are willing to send me a new one once i send this one back.....like you suggest maybe I'll take the Coupler off the column and try to install it on the Bench to see if it can get past those two deformed ones. Maybe it will clean them up.....lower threads are fine....it's just getting it started is this issue as you can see. Thanks for the advice......it's frustrating because I had my brand new rebuilt motor installed and was well on my way to getting this car, which hasn't been on the Road since 1980 back on the Road when the Box decided to give out....oh well. 

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

JS29

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on December 28, 2018, 07:25:42 AM
Just watch you don't deform the coupler threads.
Agreed!    question, WHO pays shipping charges?

GrandpaKevin

Looks like another purple 1971 R/T Challenger :twothumbsup:

I know working on these cars can be frustrating  :headbang:

Check out the coupler real good too, I went through 2 loosely fitting used ones with worn splines before I finally broke down and bought a new one as the steering system is not something to skimp on.

Good luck.

anlauto

You could pull the coupler off of the column, install it on the box, on the bench like you suggested....then put the box in the car and put the coupler together in the car...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration