Main Menu

Tire Pressures, How Many Pounds ??

Started by B5TA, September 16, 2023, 06:37:53 AM

Previous topic Next topic

B5TA

Guys that have 235-60-15 tires on front and 255-60-15 on rears BF Goodrich Radial T/A. What pressures do you like ? Just bought new ones for my 70' Challenger T/A.    Thanks ,  Kevin

RUNCHARGER

I'd start at 28 front and 26 in the rear.
Sheldon

HP2

I'd bet there is a max inflation pressure molded into the sidewall if you want to minimize rolling resistance. You can do the chalk mark on the tread face to get the most contact. Finally you can start at a point and reduce/increase it it until you get a comfortable ride and adjust it up/down as you see tire wear.

B5fourspeed

The max is 35 pounds and that is what I run.

MoparLeo

These cars are nose heavy to start with, so even with all 4 tires were the same size you would run less air in the rears. Now you have rear tires that are 2 sizes larger needing even less air pressure. In this case the rears would be 4-6 lbs lower on air pressure.
This is also assuming that you are running 6.5-7" rims up front and 8" rims in the rear.
30 psi front ( because of wider tread contact area than stock tires so you get more scrub) and 26-28 rear.
Drive it on your normal driving areas and see how it rides and handles. Adjust air accordingly.
You can use a tire chalk to draw a few lines across the tread in 4 places around the tire before your drive. Check for even wear when you are done. Evenly worn off shows good pressure, middle or outside wear show you need to lower or increase the pressures.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

Chryco Psycho

I would start with better quality tires but that is just me I guess , I have seen them fail in less than 100 miles

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration