Main Menu

Who makes/sells the most accurate reproduction Rallye Lug Nuts?

Started by Topcat, April 11, 2019, 08:26:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

It's a blur out there of variations.

What were originals like?

Cuda Cody

Cuda Cody

6bblgt

the original lugnuts had a "nipple" on the top - it's what everyone looks for in a correct lugnut
B E & A made some accurate reproduction lugnuts, I don't believe he has any more inventory ?? @HEMICUDA

here is a picture of originals on a '69 ROAD wheel
some NOS? ones (that don't look quite correct)
& the lugnuts available from Mopar in the '80s
the reproductions that MOPAR was recently selling & were/are available at some vendors

HEMICUDA

Original lug nuts were machined on an automatic feed screw machine using hex stock.  The front was done first then the back, the dimple is no more than the little bit of material that was left that couldn't support the weight of the lug nut and fell off.

Classic Industries is listing the lug nuts I had made.  This listing is for a set of RH, the part number for LH is on the bottom of that listing.

https://www.classicindustries.com/product/all-years/dodge/challenger/parts/mp500601.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw7sDlBRC9ARIsAD-pDFr0vntN1atsrhP1Rpq9yp3O-6qCdd7ek-n7bQmUkTruprHwGP6iYvwaAoEqEALw_wcB

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

erik70rt

Quote from: anlauto on April 12, 2019, 05:58:37 AM
PG Classics carries the most accurate reproduction lug nuts and they have both LH and RH versions  :alan2cents:
https://pgclassic.com/244-rhset-mopar-r-h-thread-lug-nuts-set-of-10/

Sweet!  I was just thinking about this very topic recently.  Good to know!  Thanks, Alan!
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Topcat

Topcat

Classic Industries Lug Nuts was the worst decision I have made.   :bricks:

Dr. Diff reply:

I assume your chrome lug nuts bottomed out on the end of the lug studs and galled the threads.

If so, you must cut the studs in half with a cutting wheel, so you can screw the studs out without stripping the tapped holes in the axle flange.

You can then install a new set of 2" screw-in lug studs.  Standard length chrome nuts will clear the studs.  Just make sure you don't get a set of shorties.

If this is the problem, what brand of wheels and lug nuts you are running?

One wheel looks ruined from being hammered. 2 or 3 holes are wallowed out.

Ordered new studs from Summit and lug nuts from Wheel Vintiques.

Topcat

So yeah,

These lug nuts tripped me up.  :bricks:

Same length as the one's I was using before; working fine.

But thread count was different on them vs. what I was using before.