1970 Barracuda Convertible

Started by Cuda_mark, August 16, 2017, 09:13:55 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Bpret

Nice car lots of similarities to mine

Cuda_mark

Quote from: Bpret on January 04, 2018, 04:28:11 PM
Nice car lots of similarities to mine

Yours looks incredible. You're also in CT but I don't recall ever seeing you at any local shows.

usraptor

Original BH car or not, that's going to be a killer when done.   :twothumbsup:  Do you know who did the restoration work on the dash?

Bpret

Just finished it I had it out this summer did a bunch local shows. I also have a swinger maybe you have seen it.

Cuda_mark

Quote from: usraptor on January 06, 2018, 03:18:41 PM
Original BH car or not, that's going to be a killer when done.   :twothumbsup:  Do you know who did the restoration work on the dash?

I bought the rallye gauges in Carlisle about 6 years ago. There was a shop from Arizona that rebuilt the gauges at that show so I had them test them and ultimately rebuild them. I honestly can't remember the name of that company and I don't even know if they are still in business. The dash cover was done by Just Dashes and the rest of the restoration was done right in the shop where the car is being worked on here in CT.

GY3R/T

Great looking convertable !    :wowzers:
      May i ask who refinished your tail-light housing ?  Or is it reproduction ?

Cuda_mark

Quote from: GY3R/T on January 08, 2018, 07:15:02 AM
Great looking convertable !    :wowzers:
      May i ask who refinished your tail-light housing ?  Or is it reproduction ?

they are originals that were re-plated by Bass Plating in Bloomfield, CT

anlauto

I think Scott Smith Harms can do them in a lot more accurate colour, same as Holley carbs....Stephan Fournier also does them in a colour that's more accurate . Contact either one of those guys...

Stephan Fournier's BEFORE - AFTER
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

superdave

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

GY3R/T

The drab, "Factory Correct " yellow cadmium/dichromate color for carbs and other potmetal parts has it's place.
  But i have a soft-spot for that iridescent yellow dichromate, that's eye popping clean and brilliant.
   Nice choice Cuda_mark !!! :perfect10:

Cuda_mark

Quote from: GY3R/T on January 12, 2018, 08:17:25 PM
   The drab, "Factory Correct " yellow cadmium/dichromate color for carbs and other potmetal parts has it's place.
  But i have a soft-spot for that iridescent yellow dichromate, that's eye popping clean and brilliant.
Thanks GY3. I actually didn't know it was incorrect until @anlauto pointed it out. I would like it to be more correct. There are a handful of things like that that I will correct over time.

GY3R/T

Quote from: Cuda_mark on January 13, 2018, 08:19:30 AM
Quote from: GY3R/T on January 12, 2018, 08:17:25 PM
Thanks GY3. I actually didn't know it was incorrect until @anlauto pointed it out. I would like it to be more correct. There are a handful of things like that that I will correct over time.
I would buy them..... :slapme5:

Cuda_mark

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration