Main Menu

1970 Barracuda Convertible

Started by Cuda_mark, August 16, 2017, 09:13:55 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Ah: It always looks so much better with the dash in.
Sheldon

Cuda_mark

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 26, 2018, 07:04:16 PM
Ah: It always looks so much better with the dash in.

Yeah it's a big milestone on a journey that has taken wsyyyy too long!!!

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel though. The engine is getting painted next week and the k frame is already built out so the engine should be in the car within 3 weeks. Another big milestone.

Then it's "just" interior, wiring, top, brakes, fuel lines, exhaust.

340challconvert

That dash looks great, especially now that it is back in the car.
NICE
:wrenching:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

RUNCHARGER

Terrific! I put brake and fuel lines in pretty much before anything else. You'll find it will be hard to take breaks at this point. Everything you mount just looks so good you won't want to stop.
Sheldon

Solarguy

That looks great but I've never seen the Road Lamp switch mounted there on a Rally Dash.  On a Standard dash, yes on a Rallye, I've only seen it on the lower part of the dash frame. 

Cuda_mark

Quote from: Solarguy on January 27, 2018, 01:00:57 PM
That looks great but I've never seen the Road Lamp switch mounted there on a Rally Dash.  On a Standard dash, yes on a Rallye, I've only seen it on the lower part of the dash frame.

Ut-oh.

Do you have any pics of where it should be installed with a rallye?

Solarguy

I just googled this for the pic

There should  be a hole for the switch and a locator hole for the switch bezel indexing pin already there. 

anlauto

Yup...just went back and looked at the dash picture.....In 1970, with a rally dash the switch is mounted below like in the picture above.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Solarguy

Quote from: anlauto on January 27, 2018, 05:52:35 PM
Yup...just went back and looked at the dash picture.....In 1970, with a rally dash the switch is mounted below like in the picture above.

Are you saying that on a 71 rally dash it should be under the switch panel?  I've never seen that either. 

anlauto

No....I'm not saying that. 71 is the same as 70.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda_mark

Quote from: anlauto on January 27, 2018, 05:52:35 PM

I did a little digging in the MMC Detroit ICCA judging guide and it looks like the switch is correct being mounted in any number of positions. It doesn't mention a difference between standard and Rallye dash locations.

GCragtop

Solarguy

In typical Mopar fashion, Multiple Choices.  I always thought it looked  odd thrown on there like an after thought when it is mounted under the switch panel no matter what gauge package it had.  Add the fact that there should be pre punched holes for it in the bottom of the dash frame only adds to the confusion. 

Whichever way you go, you car looks great

Cuda_mark

Quote from: Solarguy on January 31, 2018, 03:47:14 PM
In typical Mopar fashion, Multiple Choices.  I always thought it looked  odd thrown on there like an after thought when it is mounted under the switch panel no matter what gauge package it had.  Add the fact that there should be pre punched holes for it in the bottom of the dash frame only adds to the confusion. 

Whichever way you go, you car looks great

Thanks for the compliment.  I just cant wait to get it finished! :burnout:

Cuda_mark