Main Menu

1970 Barracuda Convertible

Started by Cuda_mark, August 16, 2017, 09:13:55 AM

Previous topic Next topic

superdave

8)  8) Congratulations to you and your wife! That's awesome. I was almost 45 when ourfirst was born be prepared for assumptions that you are grandpa not dad. ::) They can be a challenge be are always a huge blessing!! :banana:  8)

Cuda_mark

Quote from: anlauto on April 05, 2019, 07:27:14 AM
Great name ! I love it.... :twothumbsup:

How "close" is the car to being finished ?

Thanks everyone

Alan - the car is super close...was going to finish it for Carlisle this year before we got pregnant. Now that will be a stretch but I'm going to see if it's possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuda_mark

After a year long hiatus, I'm restarting the restoration this month.

The goal is to have it ready for Carlisle next year!

cuda hunter

great!  Can't wait to see it finished.  And see it at Carlisle!

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Cuda_mark

First time I've ever seen the paint in natural light!

usraptor

WCC

I'm not a convertible only guy but man there's just something about the '70/71 Cuda verts that are undeniably sexy. IMHO the verts of those two years are just awesome and would make me take a vert over a hardtop any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

70 Challenger Lover

I agree. I've always wanted a real deal 71 Cuda but when I came across a 71 convertible in the base model, I immediately decided it had to be a vert over a performance coupe. Surprising they didn't sell more in 1971.

Cuda_mark

Latest pics. Not a ton of progress since the daughter took over the run of things in the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mybrothers70

anlauto

It's always fun bolting the shiny parts on....looking good  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

She's going to love riding in it.
Sheldon

GCragtop

Cuda_mark

Big day yesterday. K Frame, engine and transmission went in. A lot of the hardware is temporary, just holding stuff in place (like the fender bolts, the early style valve covers, trans mount hardware). Everything fit perfectly, no issues getting it in.

Cuda_mark