Main Menu

1970 Challenger SE - Massive restoration

Started by BAM, January 24, 2021, 03:36:39 AM

Previous topic Next topic

headejm

Quote from: BAM on April 10, 2021, 11:28:02 AM
I did acquire the overhead console and the inside rear window trim and i have the plug and small window original to the car. The SE trim actually makes me love this car even more so I'll definitely keep going that way.

:iagree: Stay with the SE! Lots of SE owners on here that can help if you get stuck.

BAM

Why do all girlfriends hate boxes? There are always nice things inside... :dunno:

BAM

Can someone share a photo of the place where the oil filter mounts on a 318? Apparently, there is something missing on my block because there is only a small threaded hole which i guess it needs some sort of adaptor  :notsure:

Shane Kelley

Looks like this.  There is a gasket that goes under it and the threaded part goes into the block holding the plate in place. The other end is threaded for the oil filter.

anlauto

Borrowed from another thread....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

EV2RTSE

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on April 11, 2021, 09:37:28 AM
B5 is bright blue metallic & there are  at least 3 different versions , the first letter determines the year it was created , so you get EB5 & GB5 which are different colors , Personally I would look at B7 blue which is a rare & very cool color & is darker than the B5

I was thinking the same thing - B7 with a white vinyl top would be a knockout!

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0117-269886/1970-dodge-hemi-challenger-rt-se/

BAM

Quote from: Shane Kelley on April 14, 2021, 05:32:37 AM
Looks like this.  There is a gasket that goes under it and the threaded part goes into the block holding the plate in place. The other end is threaded for the oil filter.

Any prt number or indication of where i can find this?

As update, just received the steering column, steering wheel and other miscellaneous engine a d gearbox parts. Still waiting on fenders from Jegs...

Shane Kelley

BAM

BAM

Started stripping the seats so i can have the frames sandblasted and painted. Found bits of the build sheet under the rear seat bottom but that turned into dust with every touch. Interesting to see that the original upholstery was still under the ugly "restoration" and that is very solid and would clean perfectly if not cut...

Apparently, the rear bottom frame is far too gone to worth fixing so I'm after a new/used one...
is there anyone reproducing the rear seat foams? Got the front ones but didn't find for the rear

Shane Kelley

I don't think anyone is making rear seat foams. Your either going have to patch up what up got or maybe find a good used rear seat for what you need.

Dakota

The lower rear seat replacement padding kit that Legendary Interiors sells uses layers of cotton covered with muslin which is hog ringed to the frame .   I couldn't get the padding to fit correctly around the transmission hump so I ended up paying a local upholstery shop to do it - they shaped some foam to make it.  My wife and I were able to do the other parts of the seats (front and rear), but we found the lower rear to be a pain. 

BAM

Guys, i need your help again. I need to order connecting rods for the little 318 so we can finalize but i don`t seem to find any stock ones and not planning to pay 600+ for a "racing" set. Can anyone advise where can i find those stock ones?

The reason for looking to change, is that one of the connecting rods is bent.

Maybe you can help with this one also @anlauto ?

76orangewagon

jamsionline.com has them for $30 each or a complete set for $199.00 reconditioned.

anlauto

That's an interesting question, I was going to suggest RockAuto or a place like that, but they seem to have pistons, bearings etc...but no rods....
:thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration