Main Menu

1970 Challenger SE - Massive restoration

Started by BAM, January 24, 2021, 03:36:39 AM

Previous topic Next topic

BAM

Hey guys, will those drums fit my standard back end? Do I need 10 or 11 Inch? While there, do you suggest ordering anything else, except the whole under the drum stuff?

BAM

Just received another big shipment from Summit and i have to say it's the first time I'm really disappointed on their packaging... 2 of the 4 boxes came completely destroyed... i will not be installing any of those parts until late January and i really hope everything is ok, with no damage. Really thinking if I should keep purchasing stuff from them at this point.

See below the boxes, having in mind the shipping for those was about 500$ with fedex

anlauto

I get boxes like that all the time.. nobody gives a shit anymore these days.....as long as the parts are okay,....

I think it would take quite a bit to damage a caliper  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

BAM

Quote from: anlauto on October 11, 2021, 09:42:46 AM
I get boxes like that all the time.. nobody gives a shit anymore these days.....as long as the parts are okay,....

I think it would take quite a bit to damage a caliper  :dunno:

That's most certain. The only damage I could see, is a pinched through tiny cap (don't even know what that is). My only frustration here is that whenever I pay for a premium service, I expect a premium service...

Anyway, I went yesterday to the paint shop, the car is there for 2 weeks and only this coming Saturday, they will start working on it. It was promised to deliver perfection by the 24th December so. fingers crossed there. Apparently I'm missing the Christmas target to get it done :) will get back with photos when they start working on it

BAM

Hello guys,

anyone knows if this power steering is what I need for my car? Will it work/fit with the 318?

If anyone can make a list of all the power steering/steering components that I need to order, would be perfect and thank you in advance.

BAM

So, today I was asked what's the final decision on the paint... it's going to be the original B5.

Just finished ordering most of the interior, like Headliner, carpet, dashboard, all electrical from yearone, Center console, fuel tank and accessories, and other 34 items on my list  :banana:

Technically, I sold my speed boat and spent almost half of it on parts :)

I'm trying to order the seat covers and door panels but I'm not really sure which online shop to use. Summit only sells PUI seat covers which as I understood are not that good.
I found the door panels on eBay for 500$ front and 500$ back plus another 1000$ shipping for both. They are described as OER injection moulded pieces and I cannot find any reviews on those. Also, apparently all the door panels are coming without the hole for the window crank - is this something common with all brands?

anlauto

Roseville carries the interior panels, and may fill the boxes with other small parts as you order. :dunno: The Challenger ones come without window crank holes because the power window switches are in a different location then the cranks, so one panel will do both styles. All the locations are marked on the backside so it's easy to drill them out :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

BAM

Away from daily routine, and off-roading in the Dubai desert.

BAM

So, finally in epoxy primer. 3 people sanding and sanding... everything will be ready in 2 weeks, with the final coat of primer, filler here and there, sealed and ready for paint  :banana:

Brads70

Lots of hours , time and money to get to this point ! Congrats on the rewards of your perseverance!  :bradsthumb:

anlauto

Dakota

I went back to the first post you made on this restoration thread to look at where you started.  Wow - you've made amazing progress bringing that car back to life.   Nicely done sir!

RUNCHARGER

Fantastic save for sure. It's ironic that people acquire minty, original cars and cut them up to "update" them and this car that was so rough has been lovingly brought back to more original condition.
Sheldon

ledphoot

The amount of work you put in to this car and the outcome so far is simply incredible. When I see vehicles like this I write them off, fortunately for the car and the hobby there are people like you with the dedication to take them on. I am blown away at how many e-bodies have been rescued from the dead by people on this site.

YellowThumper

Quote from: ledphoot on November 13, 2021, 11:47:56 AM
The amount of work you put in to this car and the outcome so far is simply incredible. When I see vehicles like this I write them off, fortunately for the car and the hobby there are people like you with the dedication to take them on. I am blown away at how many e-bodies have been rescued from the dead by people on this site.

X2 on this statement.  :drinkingbud:
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.