Main Menu

1970 Challenger SE - Massive restoration

Started by BAM, January 24, 2021, 03:36:39 AM

Previous topic Next topic

BAM

Finally received the AMD windshield, from summit. I'm scared to open and inspect 🤣

Also, covid hit me so i guess I'm stranded into the house for the next couple of weeks...

Mopsquad

BAM

usraptor

Quote from: BAM on November 22, 2021, 02:08:02 AM
Finally received the AMD windshield, from summit. I'm scared to open and inspect 🤣

Also, covid hit me so i guess I'm stranded into the house for the next couple of weeks...

I HAVEN'T CKECKED IN ON YOUR PROFRESS IN A WHILE. ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW!  GREAT WORK!  BTW, I'D OPEN THAT WINDSHIELD ASAP.  I HAD TO HAVE THREE SENT AS THE FIRST TWO ARRIVED CRACKED!   :pullinghair: :pullinghair:  AND I LIVE STATESIDE.

BAM

Is 4 months a normal waiting period for a dashboard from YearOne? Also, i ordered a full wire harness from them about a month ago and everything is on a backorder... not that i need those right now but i would like to have them. I have a quick question for you guys... i need to order the seat covers and i was wondering if anyone knows where i can get the below ones and how they are called.

Mopsquad

Quote from: BAM on November 22, 2021, 08:56:13 PM
Quote from: Mopsquad on November 22, 2021, 09:33:17 AM
Really hoping to see a perfect glass.

@Mopsquad any bad experience with the AMD glass?

I haven't but let us know how it looks making that long journey

Dakota

I ordered wiring harnesses from Year One which took upwards of 8 months or more to deliver.  And that was well before Covid or supply chain issues or whatever.  A year under current circumstances doesn't shock me.

I'd suggest checking Legendary Interiors for your seat covers.   I think they have a lot of stuff on back order too. 

BAM

Aaaand finally, the full interior is now ordered from Legendary:

- Front door panels
- rear door panels
- front and rear upholstery
- back seat panels
- kick panels
- etc

Also, just ordered the YearOne rallye wheels 17-8 front and 17-9 rear. I hope they will fit and look badass

I hope I'll get those delivered by end of January when hopefully I will get the dashboard from Yearone together with the full wire harness. This Friday, the first layer of paint should be on the car if I'm happy with the overall body work. Will keep you all posted on the work :)

BAM

ok, just visited the body shop. The car is still in the sanding process and will get painted in 2 weeks from today. I'm not happy with all that body filler but I guess is normal for a "museum" quality paint job.

I was hoping to get it assembled by Christmas but that is just impossible as I need to wait the interior from Legendary 210 days... probably won't be ready even for my birthday next year in May :)

BAM

What is happening with YearOne? I have 3 different orders which are not shipped yet. Shouldn't they inform that they don't have the parts in stock BEFORE asking for outrageous shipping fees?

I ordered all the wiring and other miscellaneous parts - most of them on backorder - will not ship separately unless I pay extra, except the $500 I already paid for shipping
I ordered the dashboard - I can understand it takes time but already waiting since October ($500 in shipping)
I ordered rallye wheels 10 days ago - I asked for tracking number and been told is on backorder for 10 weeks minimum ($668 in shipping)

Is this a common doing on their side?

anlauto

When ordering from YearOne, if it doesn't say "in stock" that means they DO NOT have it...if they say "usually ships with 1-4 weeks"   that means they have NO IDEA when they will ever get it in stock.
Right now in North America, due to Covid-19,  there is a shortage of wood, steel, plastic, foam, aluminum, rubber, etc... etc... and mainly LABOUR ....just about everything is on back order....

I've order a dash pad in July, wiring in August, which I gave up on, interior panels which I've been told there is no ETA....

You're having issues doing your one car....I have eight customers on the go right now :pullinghair:  getting parts is like pulling teeth...and being in Canada I feel your pain on International shipping, certainly not as bad as you, but the only ones getting rich during this pandemic is UPS and FedEx :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

BAM

Quote from: anlauto on December 07, 2021, 06:38:19 AM
When ordering from YearOne, if it doesn't say "in stock" that means they DO NOT have it...if they say "usually ships with 1-4 weeks"   that means they have NO IDEA when they will ever get it in stock.
Right now in North America, due to Covid-19,  there is a shortage of wood, steel, plastic, foam, aluminum, rubber, etc... etc... and mainly LABOUR ....just about everything is on back order....

I've order a dash pad in July, wiring in August, which I gave up on, interior panels which I've been told there is no ETA....

You're having issues doing your one car....I have eight customers on the go right now :pullinghair:  getting parts is like pulling teeth...and being in Canada I feel your pain on International shipping, certainly not as bad as you, but the only ones getting rich during this pandemic is UPS and FedEx :alan2cents:

Yeah, we share the pain. Legendary interiors said they will deliver my upholstery and door panels plus other stuff next year in June-July. Well, I guess I can only wait...nothing else to do :)

BAM

So, the car is finally in primer and ready for the last sanding before paint. Apparently, it will be delayed for 1 more week and ready painted just before the new year.

Will take it straight to the mechanic and start installing the suspension and steering.

anlauto

I'll say it again................The transformation in such a short period of time is amazing  :worship:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration