Main Menu

1970 Challenger T/A Convertible Project

Started by erik70rt, September 08, 2019, 03:13:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

Quote from: anlauto on January 24, 2024, 02:13:36 PMI guess you'll be back on the road this Spring no problem  :twothumbsup:

The plan is to have it ready for Carlisle. If I get it done before that, WOO HOO!!!! Bonus! 
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

usraptor

That paint looks amazing.  Can't wait to see it finished.  :twothumbsup:

erik70rt

He started painting the black trim and fiberglass parts.

erik70rt

I'm digging the way this is looking so far.

dodj

Quote from: erik70rt on January 30, 2024, 08:54:17 AMI'm digging the was this is looking so far.
I don't know what you are trying to say there, but I really like the pics!  :twothumbsup:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

erik70rt

Quote from: dodj on January 30, 2024, 01:36:29 PM
Quote from: erik70rt on January 30, 2024, 08:54:17 AMI'm digging the was this is looking so far.
I don't know what you are trying to say there, but I really like the pics!  :twothumbsup:

Damn typo.....

Deezel

Lonnie
1973 'cuda

erik70rt

erik70rt

Quarter under spoiler decal installed and trunk lid blackout painted.

Brads70

My car just left for the paint shop this morning. I also have the T/A spoiler and when I disassembled the car I found the paint pretty worn under the spoiler. Just wondering, looking for idea's on how to prevent that when I go to assemble it again?
Your post reminded me of this and thought I'd ask thinking maybe you might have an idea, or someone else might see this and have a suggestion.

When I first looked at your paint color I was kinda like " not sure about that color" but when you get assembling it looks better. That being said I said the same thing when I bought my car home ( sublime paint) and put it in the garage for the first time. With the all white drywall it looked like a nuclear reactor when I turned the garage lights on. I remember saying out loud, good grief thats horrible I gotta get it painted. I really wanted/liked Go Mango. My kids said no way leave it that color it's cool! So I started adding all the black accents, T/A hood , spoolers rear louvers , and the side stripe. I was happy then, but not at first. 

RUNCHARGER

I have to agree, the colour is looking better with a few accents to break it up.
Sheldon

erik70rt

Went to see it today for myself.  Snapped these pics.

erik70rt

Windshield squirters and spoiler decal installed.

anlauto

Body shop is going to have this car finished even before you get it home  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

The glasses on the fender would have me stressing....
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill