Main Menu

1970 Challenger T/A Convertible Project

Started by erik70rt, September 08, 2019, 03:13:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

Got my new gauges, my trans back and a radiator from Glen Ray!
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

erik70rt

Started some more painting. 

Last weekend got the brake/fuel lines installed and the fuel tank. Also more progress on the engine.

erik70rt

More progress......

erik70rt

Prepped and primered the dash frame.

erik70rt

More prepping and painting

erik70rt

Bellhousing

cuda hunter

Quote from: erik70rt on January 11, 2024, 09:20:34 AM
Quote from: anlauto on January 11, 2024, 08:57:37 AMWhy are they not stripping the car completely down to bare metal first ? Isn't that just asking for problems down the line ?

In that pic he had just removed the side stripes.  I'll have to ask him why he didn't strip all of the paint.

I'm just curious if you had received an answer from Wayne as to stripping or not stripping the previous paint. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Bell housing looks nice, but they were never painted completely orange like that... :alan2cents:  :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

erik70rt

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 29, 2024, 05:37:58 PM
Quote from: anlauto on January 11, 2024, 08:57:37 AMWhy are they not stripping the car completely down to bare metal first ? Isn't that just asking for problems down the line ?

In that pic he had just removed the side stripes.  I'll have to ask him why he didn't strip all of the paint.

I'm just curious if you had received an answer from Wayne as to stripping or not stripping the previous paint. 

No, he didn't.   :verymad:

erik70rt

Quote from: anlauto on May 30, 2024, 04:46:09 AMBell housing looks nice, but they were never painted completely orange like that... :alan2cents:  :bigthumb:

I'm building it my way!   :bradsthumb:  :ohyeah:  :)

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

Quote from: erik70rt on May 30, 2024, 07:23:00 AM

Not trying to prod the wound, but wasn't there some bondo under the paint? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

erik70rt

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 30, 2024, 06:19:20 PM
Quote from: erik70rt on May 30, 2024, 07:23:00 AM

Not trying to prod the wound, but wasn't there some bondo under the paint? 

There was on the front fenders, but I replaced them.  There was also a small skim on the very lower quarters in the rear when they were patched before I bought the car.  After the trailer incident, that will be removed.

erik70rt

Some rear suspension work.  Should be finished this weekend.