Main Menu

1970 Challenger T/A Convertible Project

Started by erik70rt, September 08, 2019, 03:13:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

My T/A hood finally arrived.  As I start to prep it, does anyone have a good template for locating the squirters and hood pins?

Thanks!

Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

erik70rt

Sorry for no updates, as I have been busy with other things and accumulating parts so I can get started on the teardown.  So here are some "before" pics of the car before I start to tear it apart.

anlauto

Are you leaving the car the same colour for now, or does your plan include a full repaint ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

erik70rt

It needs a full repaint.  It has some bad bodywork in the doors and lots of scratches in the current paint.  It looks good from 20 ft, but get up close and there's a lot of flaws. 

As far as color, I'm undecided.  Part of me wants to keep it FK5, part of me want to paint it FC7 and then I was thinking of LL1 to make it really stand out.

benlavigne

Quote from: erik70rt on November 21, 2019, 08:14:00 AM
It needs a full repaint.  It has some bad bodywork in the doors and lots of scratches in the current paint.  It looks good from 20 ft, but get up close and there's a lot of flaws. 

As far as color, I'm undecided.  Part of me wants to keep it FK5, part of me want to paint it FC7 and then I was thinking of LL1 to make it really stand out.

Here is some inspiration for FC7, belonged to a friend of mine, he sold it las t year and Staluppi bought it at Barret-Jackson... Disregard the 71 grille!

Ben

erik70rt

Quote from: benlavigne on November 21, 2019, 10:38:32 AM
Quote from: erik70rt on November 21, 2019, 08:14:00 AM

Here is some inspiration for FC7, belonged to a friend of mine, he sold it las t year and Staluppi bought it at Barret-Jackson... Disregard the 71 grille!

Ben

I actually have a pic of that car on my computer at work for just that reason!!!

anlauto

Seems to be more T/A convertibles then AAR convertibles  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

JS29

They produced more challengers than barracudas.  :alan2cents:

anlauto

JS29

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

worthywads

Quote from: anlauto on November 21, 2019, 11:46:21 AM
Just my opinion but I prefer all Challengers over 'Cudas except T/A vs AAR.  I like the AAR hood way more, an AAR convertible "tribute" is my favorite.  We should see more.....

dodj

Quote from: worthywads on November 21, 2019, 08:50:01 PM
Quote from: anlauto on November 21, 2019, 11:46:21 AM
Just my opinion but I prefer all Challengers over 'Cudas except T/A vs AAR.  I like the AAR hood way more, an AAR convertible "tribute" is my favorite.  We should see more.....
Check out a picture of member HP2's car. Best Challenger hood out there. I think it's a one of one.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

erik70rt

More parts are arriving......

New AMD fenders and NOS Shifter handle.

anlauto