Main Menu

1970 T/A GoMango 4sp

Started by Rbob, May 28, 2020, 07:32:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Shane Kelley

:popcorn: Looking good. My buddy has a similar one. 

Rbob

Shane,

That is a awesome car!  and wheel lip molding to boot.  Cant tell for sure but possibly black interior?

JH27N0B

It is a pretty car, but don't use its wheel lip moldings as reference.  T/As were never originally equipped with them.  :alan2cents:

xx88man

I love this T/A. Nice work @Rbob    :perfect10:
Keep yer foot in it

Shane Kelley

Black interior. Original automatic car but converted to a 4 speed. This car isn't a concourse car but is a factory T/A with all original parts. He did this car in the 80's the way he wanted to. He bought this car and a wrecked purple T/A parts car for $6500 around 84. Also came with a bunch of NOS parts like full exhaust system, stripes and probably those incorrect wheel opening moldings as well. Car was a driver with some rust but had the original engine and carbs re built by the Mopar mechanic he bought it from. Car had already been converted to manual trans prior to him buying it as well. Car has pretty much sit in that spot since mid 90's. Still starts and runs.

headejm

@Shane Kelley That would look nice in my garage!  :lurking:

Shane Kelley

Rbob

I sandblasted suspension pieces and coated with por-15 satin black.  On the k-frame I welded in Firmfeel stiffening pieces and a factory oe style skid plate, I know it is probably not correct for the T/A but its what I wanted it. 

Rbob

When I pulled the rear differential, lots of chunks and metal filings, I must have been hard on it...  So need to rebuild rear diff.  Is this a cone type of clutch type?

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Rbob

Sending some old carbs off to Scott at Harms auto:

Only thing I cannot find is the idle solenoid...

anlauto

Scott will make artwork out of them :drooling: :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rbob

I found a 3/4" internal lock washer on the floor near where I removed the yoke from the 8 3/4 center section, I have a flat washer and nut from the pinion and questioning if this washer was on there.

Anybody recognize this:

anlauto

I say it's for the reverse light on the dashboard  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rbob