Main Menu

1970 T/A GoMango 4sp

Started by Rbob, May 28, 2020, 07:32:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rbob

You deserve one for sure, you have helped me many times and I sincerely thank you!

:1place: :1place: :1place: :grouphug:

anlauto

Naaah, I'm just trying to help where I can  :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Rbob

I am having trouble with the speed reset knob...  I removed the clock reset no problem but..

any tricks to this?

RUNCHARGER

Hmm, not really. It looks distorted inside a bit. Kind of scary prying on it.
Sheldon

anlauto

I'm guessing a small screwdriver is not doing the trick ?

Rbob

I think the end of the screw is messed up, going to try something else, wish me luck.

anlauto

Is there a screw at all ? Maybe somebody just glued it on ?  I've been guilty of that in the past. :-[

headejm

Quote from: JH27N0B on October 30, 2020, 08:07:29 PM
It is a pretty car, but don't use its wheel lip moldings as reference.  T/As were never originally equipped with them.  :alan2cents:

It's interesting that the T/A brochure that Dodge put out in October 1969 shows wheel lip moldings installed. Plenty of examples of pre-production cars changing before final production.

JH27N0B

I probably shouldn't have said never. I believe the 2 pilot car T/As had the wheel opening moldings including the purple one.

https://www.forebodiesonly.com/forum/threads/1970-dodge-challenger-t-a-pilot-car-first-t-a-built-for-sale.207/

Interesting aside, both of the pilot T/As were here in this area several decades ago. The FC7 was picked up as a project by a local, and as he got going on the project noticed some things weird about it.  He contacted one of the gurus and was informed it was a pilot.
The other used to show up at some local shows, it was red but was actually limelight green originally.  The owner knew that but hated that color.  I haven't seen it in over 20 years, wonder where it is now?

YellowThumper

Really like the looks of your build. Glad to see the personal preference touches incorporated.
Go Mango has to be my all time favorite color for the ebodies.
Oddly enough I would not own one in that color (or FC7).
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Rbob

I received my wiper motor from Stephan at SFMoparesto, looks fantastic.  My wiper motor was replaced at some point and was a C body with the incorrect arm.  Stephan corrected that and removed the part numbers since it was pitted anyway..

I tried to find a decent core but its difficult to find correct date coded model and very expensive for a core.  Works for me.

benlavigne

Stephan's the Man!
Great project, love Go Mango!

Ben

Rbob

I have a question about the front fenders underside:

I cant find what the underside of the front fenders were from the factory, I am not asking about the undercoated area,

Is it body color on the backside or primer? 

Painting pieces first then later this week if all goes well the exterior.

Mine were undercoated:

Rbob

Finally getting to some paintwork, valances, inside of trunk lid, and misc stuff painted.  If things go well I will get the exterior paintwork done this weekend.  Then the blackout.

Oh, cleaning the hood hinges were a paint so I put them in the dishwasher and they came out clean.

Update pics: