Main Menu

1970 T/A GoMango 4sp

Started by Rbob, May 28, 2020, 07:32:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Coming along very nicely!  :bravo:  Love that colour, my favorite for a T/A  :bradsthumb:

Rbob

I was going to paint this weekend, came up short on a toner so painted today, just have to paint the doors and fenders tomorrow and that will be it for the orange.

Pics:

Ricomondo

Looks great!! :banana:
Keep it up. Gonna be a beauty when finished.
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

Rdchallenger

Looking great! I'm only a step or two behind you, as I will be painting the inside of my doors and fenders this weekend.

anlauto

What a great stage to reach....it's all fun from here on out :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rbob

Doors and fenders are done.  Next will be the blackout stuff and the hood and rear spoiler.

Pics:

Cuda_mark

Rbob

I have the seats recovered with the kit I bought in 1990 and having the headliner installed today, pics tomorrow for that.

Keeping busy I dismantled the heater box and put one half in the dishwasher and the other half I cleaned with Kaboom. Also took apart the blower motor and cleaned up armature and brushes, works amazing and quite after the tune up, no pics but I need to paint it before the install.

There is a minor damage to the heater box lower vent but I am just going to smooth it out and install:

Rbob

Made a little progress, blackout on cowl, rockers, fenders and trunk lid done.  Working on heater box still, I met up with @Cuda Cody on Sunday and bought his rivet squeezer.  Also picked up a fender splash shield while I was there, and Cody was kind enough to show me around and straiten me out on a couple details about my car.  Things l thought were original to my car were not, grille was body color and black (should be all black), mirrors were black (should be body color).

Pics:

Smallblock340

What a great project! Love that Go Mango colour! :twothumbsup:
Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ

Tony 73

Love the shine and reflections in the paint, body guy and paint did great job.  Very Nice.  :wowzers:

Cuda Cody

That color looks fantastic!

Rbob

Thanks for all the compliments!

This site rocks, I just disassembled my mirrors for painting using a tip from @1 Wild R/T  Using a mini torch heated up the post and slammed it on a phone book a few times and it popped right out.

RUNCHARGER

It's on it's way to becoming a great car!
Sheldon

cudamadd

Coming along very nicely Awsome  :australia: