Main Menu

1970 T/A GoMango 4sp

Started by Rbob, May 28, 2020, 07:32:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Rbob

I attempted heater box rebuild today and SOB I am missing a flap door,  I took the heater box apart and kept all the parts together so I am stumped.

Anybody have some parts:

Rbob

Looked at a pic prior to disassembly and the door was not there: 

Rbob

Thank you @Floyd you made my week.

@anlauto Next question why is there tape on under glove box stopper?

Should I omit or put it on?

anlauto

That type of tape certainly looks like the type they used back then...I have no clue why it might be there, never seen that before.

It's totally your choice...you have a "before" picture to prove it's existence  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

I remember my FM3 Challenger having a piece of tape like that there. Perhaps a part # label that got torn off?
Sheldon

Rbob

I see no reason for the tape there so I will leave it off. 

Installing Roof rail molding and seal retainer, there is 2 types of seals in roll form, which one goes where?

I took the car apart 40 years ago, I cant believe I am missing some screws...   oval head phillips #8-18 x .68 length.  MMC assembly manual says 14 screws but there are only 10 holes on the stainless trim.

I have a mystery piece, bag was marked quarter interior trim brackets.  Any ideas?

Shane Kelley

The trim piece goes where you show it in the last pic. The rear interior trim panel screws to that bracket.
Can't help you on the seals. It's been to long since I did mine and had to ask back then myself. Hopefully someone will chime in that knows for sure.

anlauto

First up, the seals.
1. I glue this open cell black foam along the inside of the roof rail
2. Then I install the drip rail moldings over this foam
3, Then this sticky closed cell foam applies to the outside of the weather-strip channel
4. Then install the weather-strip channel
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

Your mystery bracket supports the rear interior panel up by the rear quarter window, there's two holes, one for the tab and one for the screw

Rbob

OMG, I was looking for 2 holes ...

:banana: :banana: :unbelievable: :veryexcited: :veryexcited:

Than once again @anlauto   

Shane Kelley

Quote from: anlauto on April 28, 2021, 12:58:42 PM
Your mystery bracket supports the rear interior panel up by the rear quarter window, there's two holes, one for the tab and one for the screw

Nice catch!  I missed the tab!

anlauto

Is it two holes or just one slot ? My memory is not always that good, sorry.. :tired:

Rbob

One slot, clip slides in from the window side and screw fits above it.

Roof rail moldings and weatherstrip channel is installed.

I want to install the side headliner trim moldings and A-pillar plastic, will that impede the dash install?

pics:

anlauto

YES...."A" pillar trim is AFTER dash 100% :twothumbsup:

Rbob

Installed trunk weatherstrip, trunk and both doors while waiting for some heater box parts.  Slow progress but its progress, been busy at work.

Made a stand for the dash frame, dash is supposed to be end of month.  On edit, almost forgot to post, I did paint the steering column, dash parts and interior back-glass and windshield header molding