Main Menu

1972 'Cuda (FY1) - 5.7L Hemi, T56 Magnum

Started by GoodysGotaCuda, January 07, 2017, 02:22:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Mpdlawdog

HECK YEA!!  glad to see if finally on the road! 

1 Wild R/T

Glad to see ya out putting some miles on your Cuda... You live in Texas rain is just part of the fun.... How's the FiTech on the Truck doing?

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on May 03, 2018, 06:55:22 PM
Glad to see ya out putting some miles on your Cuda... You live in Texas rain is just part of the fun.... How's the FiTech on the Truck doing?

Fitech is good overall. It has a hard start that I can't seem to dial out, feels like timing/starter kickback. In it's defense, I haven't had the truck available for me to work through it throughly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Mickm

Awesome car Goody. Putting miles on it is the best reward for all the hard work.
I'm just behind you at 2000 miles on mine.

Keep on cruzin buddy! Maybe we will meet up at a show somewhere, someday...

Cheers!
Mickm

ledphoot

WOW!

It took me a little bit to read this whole thread and it was worth every bit!!! What an incredible job you did on this car, I am thoroughly impressed..

How are the brakes? I am considering going manual on my Cuda and I really like the way your setup looks, your leg getting a workout or they aren't too hard to press?

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: Mickm on May 03, 2018, 08:14:01 PM
Awesome car Goody. Putting miles on it is the best reward for all the hard work.
I'm just behind you at 2000 miles on mine.

Keep on cruzin buddy! Maybe we will meet up at a show somewhere, someday...

Cheers!
Mickm

Awesome, keep knockin' down the miles!

Quote from: ledphoot on May 03, 2018, 09:08:12 PM
WOW!

It took me a little bit to read this whole thread and it was worth every bit!!! What an incredible job you did on this car, I am thoroughly impressed..

How are the brakes? I am considering going manual on my Cuda and I really like the way your setup looks, your leg getting a workout or they aren't too hard to press?

Thanks for the kind word!

The brakes are much improved over my previous setup, I need new tires to really get them going. My 9 year old Nittos are fairly easy for them to lock-up. The bore on my master is a little on the small side, so the effort isn't "too high" but the pedal stroke is a little more than I would like. Likely I will change to vacuum assist brakes, down the road.
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

82firebird

I'm not sure how I missed this one. This is an awesome build. Congratulations on having it up and running and starting to collect some miles. My favorite part is seeing the kids in the backseat.  :bigthumb:

GoodysGotaCuda

in line for Cars and coffee today. Several hundred cars showed up.

2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

usraptor

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on May 05, 2018, 02:46:26 PM

Cars and coffee today. Several hundred cars showed up.

Great picture!  :twothumbsup:

GoodysGotaCuda

2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

GoodysGotaCuda

I removed four wormgear clamps in favor of these heat shrink clamps. Helped clean up that area just a tad, though most won't notice.

2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Mickm

GoodysGotaCuda, Those look way cool!!!
I haven't used them so I have to ask, what happens if you have them on, lets say, a radiator hose and you need to replace the thermostat housing gasket. Do you cut them off and replace with a new one?
Thinking ahead here, lol

Cheers!
Mickm

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: Mickm on May 13, 2018, 06:25:16 AM
GoodysGotaCuda, Those look way cool!!!
I haven't used them so I have to ask, what happens if you have them on, lets say, a radiator hose and you need to replace the thermostat housing gasket. Do you cut them off and replace with a new one?
Thinking ahead here, lol

Cheers!
Mickm

Yes sir, they are one use items. They aren't the cheapest items, but with all new components, I do not really need to work on much very often. They are perfect, however, for that situation shown, where clamps are being used within a segment of hose. There's an extremely good chance I'll never need to remove those ones shown.
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

djw383

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on May 03, 2018, 03:41:35 PM
Crossed the 3,000mi mark today.

My father in law and I did a car cruise in Nocona, TX today. Car ran flawless for the 250mile trip today...despite the rain.

Rain!!!!!!! So sorry to hear that, my biggest fear! Car looks great and you certainly took the time to think everything thru...