Main Menu

1972 'Cuda (FY1) - 5.7L Hemi, T56 Magnum

Started by GoodysGotaCuda, January 07, 2017, 02:22:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: djw383 on May 13, 2018, 06:46:57 PM
Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on May 03, 2018, 03:41:35 PM
Crossed the 3,000mi mark today.

My father in law and I did a car cruise in Nocona, TX today. Car ran flawless for the 250mile trip today...despite the rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rain!!!!!!! So sorry to hear that, my biggest fear! Car looks great and you certainly took the time to think everything thru...

Why? It's just water....   These cars don't melt..... 

djw383

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on May 13, 2018, 09:01:05 PM
Quote from: djw383 on May 13, 2018, 06:46:57 PM
Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on May 03, 2018, 03:41:35 PM
Crossed the 3,000mi mark today.

My father in law and I did a car cruise in Nocona, TX today. Car ran flawless for the 250mile trip today...despite the rain.

Rain!!!!!!! So sorry to hear that, my biggest fear! Car looks great and you certainly took the time to think everything thru...

Why? It's just water....   These cars don't melt.....
That picture brought on a cold sweat!!! Got caught in the rain once, took 8 hours to clean just the underneath....and up in the northeast there is always salt and left over liquid ice melt that comes out with summer rain...

YellowThumper

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on May 12, 2018, 08:08:21 PM
I removed four wormgear clamps in favor of these heat shrink clamps. Helped clean up that area just a tad, though most won't notice.

With the obvious major changes you have accomplished, all the myriad of small items required never get noticed.
The less small details noticed means you did good with them. When they stand out something is not right.

Mike.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

GoodysGotaCuda

:bricks: :Thud: :pokeeye: :soshelp: :help: :stop:    :unbelievable: :)
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

1 Wild R/T

I've been in dozens of downpours... If you drive them it happens..... Throw it up on a lift, garden sprayer with soap product, wait a few minutes & pressure wash... Then hit it with a leaf blower..........  Is it as clean underneath as it was over twenty years ago when I first restored its? No.. But I enjoy driving to much to worry about it....

GoodysGotaCuda

It's already been a year since I first drove my Cuda to work, which was as soon as it was running well enough. I'm up to 3,700mi on it and have car events lined up for the next 3 weekends [emoji106][emoji106]

2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

YellowThumper

Mike.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

GoodysGotaCuda

Recently took some family photos with the car, it's been in my stable for about 14 years now.  :burnout:

My Wife and I dated in the car when I daily drove it out in Vegas...without a/c  :stop:
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

YellowThumper

Mine also was my DD and actually drove it to Vegas to get married. No a/c...

Glad to see you improve it as you have.

Mike.

GoodysGotaCuda

snapped a couple of photos yesterday.   :takepicture:
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

GoodysGotaCuda

Haven't updated this in a little while. I ended up toasting the differential about 3 weeks ago, a spider gear came apart on me. Naturally, this is the ONE part I didn't recently rebuild on the car. It ran just fine when I took the car off the road, so I stuck it back in there. I also found that the previous gear installer didn't size the ring gear bolts properly and nearly all of them sheared off upon removal. The shoulder bottomed out on the diff case....somewhat amazing it didn't self destruct in 15 years it's been installed in my car.

Nevertheless, I have a new gearset for the SureGrip from Dr. Diff, clutch pack, crush sleeve eliminator [489 case], new bearings and I am moving from 3.91 to 3.73 gears. I also bought a Lube Locker reusable 3rd member gasket, $25 is a bit steep for it, but I am not a fan of scraping gasket and rtv off of these 8-3/4" diffs. Being under the car and all of the studs make it a real pain.

I've setup the pinion depth and will button up the 3rd member tomorrow. I hope to drive it this weekend!

I designed up a 3rd member holder, which has been working out pretty decent. If anyone needs the .dxf file for it, let me know.

:burnout: [No <- for 500miles!]
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

GoodysGotaCuda

2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]