Main Menu

70 Challenger SE

Started by Timbbuc2, January 05, 2017, 11:56:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

It's been a while since I've restored an SE but doesn't that interior trim piece take place of the metal moldings ? I see you're using both  :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

The metal fit the shape of the window so I thought it belonged, but three was nothing else that I saw to fill in the space.  Have never seen an actual SE interior, just winged it that was the result. Like the vinyl top,  just the way it is.  Maybe not how it was but I think everyone does what they need to do to make these OLD Cars presentable.

Timbbuc2

Is anyone reproducing the over head dome light for a SE? I found the lense
Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

Been a busy week, I am prepping the headliner and overhead consolette  for new material. The fiber board over the years has had some damage,time consuming. Several of the clips for the consolette were missing so I had to make those, working like original,  and repairing the rear window trim. But the good thing is I have one and  have something to work with.
Get in, I'll drive

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

A few of the pics of my top.................Good Luck.   

Timbbuc2

Very nice work  @DAYLEY/CHALLENGER ,  sure wish I could find a new board, but I hear they are not reproduced, but mine will be ok.
Get in, I'll drive

JS29

@Timbbuc2 I repaired the one on my gran coupe with fiberglass and mate.  :alan2cents:

PlumCrazyRTSE

Originally from the factory, there wasn't any foam backing on the fabric material that was used to cover the SE headliner or the SE interior rear window trim piece.  Unfortunately, that type of fabric doesn't seem to be available anywhere without foam attached.  My purple SE has it's original headliner intact.  I'll try to get some pictures later today.

Timbbuc2

Quote from: JS29 on March 23, 2019, 05:47:06 AM
@Timbbuc2 I repaired the one on my gran coupe with fiberglass and mate.  :alan2cents:
That's what I am doing, just taking time, it's pretty bad, and repairing the consolette.  Never worked with fiber glass nor put on a vinyl top, Getting plenty of experience  lol
Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

Quote from: PlumCrazyRTSE on March 23, 2019, 06:41:47 AM
Originally from the factory, there wasn't any foam backing on the fabric material that was used to cover the SE headliner or the SE interior rear window trim piece.  Unfortunately, that type of fabric doesn't seem to be available anywhere without foam attached.  My purple SE has it's original headliner intact.  I'll try to get some pictures later today.
I bought my material from Legendary, and it has the foam backing,  pictures would be great, thanks. The headliner I took out , the consolette had the seams glued, on the window trim it was sewn in the corners.
By the material I took off had no foam backing, very thick material.
Get in, I'll drive

RUNCHARGER

Dayclona reproduces the board in fibreglass, they fit like a glove. I was lucky enough to find original style material from an upholsterer that was as old as I am.
Sheldon

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Tim.........just had to add to this.........original equipment on the SE.................Look to see if you have these parts too.......

:rofl:

Timbbuc2

Quote from: DAYLEY/CHALLENGER on April 01, 2019, 02:58:21 PM
Tim.........just had to add to this.........original equipment on the SE.................Look to see if you have these parts too.......
Dang, another part I don't have :looney:

:rofl:
Get in, I'll drive

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Hey, what you guys doing  down that way trying to mess with the Wood Brothers racing  rig?

Wood Brothers Racing hauler involved in crash on way back from Texas
The Wood Brothers Racing hauler containing Paul Menard's NASCAR Cup car was reportedly involved in a traffic crash this morning in Birmingham, Alabama.
The hauler and rig were reportedly on their way back from Texas Motor Speedway to the team's home base in Mooresville, North Carolina, when the accident occurred.
A team spokesman told NBC Sports: "We can confirm that our team's race hauler was involved in an accident in Birmingham, as it was returning to Mooresville from Ft. Worth. There were no injuries and our transportation team was not at fault. The tractor was the only piece of equipment damaged."
T

Timbbuc2

The accident got as much coverage on th local news as they do on race day, nothing, maybe more at 11
Get in, I'll drive