Main Menu

70 Challenger SE

Started by Timbbuc2, January 05, 2017, 11:56:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

OK well that is weird as my headliner had foam backed material & it was the foam that deteriorated & caused the headliner to hang down , it did not seem to be replaced material as i have owned the car since 80

Timbbuc2

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on April 01, 2019, 10:07:39 PM
OK well that is weird as my headliner had foam backed material & it was the foam that deteriorated & cause the headliner to hang down , it did not seem to be replaced material as i have owned the car since 80
Mine was replaced sometime in its life,  it was not a very good job
Get in, I'll drive

headejm

OK well that is weird as my headliner had foam backed material & it was the foam that deteriorated & cause the headliner to hang down , it did not seem to be replaced material as i have owned the car since 80

:iagree: with Chryco. My headliner had foam backed material that sagged in several places. The foam had basically turned to dust. The black material was still okay. I believe the headliner was original to the car.

Timbbuc2

Quote from: headejm on April 02, 2019, 07:54:29 AM

:iagree: with Chryco. My headliner had foam backed material that sagged in several places. The foam had basically turned to dust. The black material was still okay. I believe the headliner was original to the car.
What I bought has the foam
Get in, I'll drive

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: PlumCrazyRTSE on March 23, 2019, 06:41:47 AM
Originally from the factory, there wasn't any foam backing on the fabric material that was used to cover the SE headliner or the SE interior rear window trim piece.  Unfortunately, that type of fabric doesn't seem to be available anywhere without foam attached.  My purple SE has it's original headliner intact.  I'll try to get some pictures later today.

How long have you owned your SE?  Cause I owned mine starting in 74 & my uncle bought his new... They both had foam between the fabric & the fiber board... It was thinner than what is used today but there was foam....    :alan2cents:

Timbbuc2

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on April 02, 2019, 11:12:48 AM
Quote from: PlumCrazyRTSE on March 23, 2019, 06:41:47 AM
Originally from the factory, there wasn't any foam backing on the fabric material that was used to cover the SE headliner or the SE interior rear window trim piece.  Unfortunately, that type of fabric doesn't seem to be available anywhere without foam attached.  My purple SE has it's original headliner intact.  I'll try to get some pictures later today.

How long have you owned your SE?  Cause I owned mine starting in 74 & my uncle bought his new... They both had foam between the fabric & the fiber board... It was thinner than what is used today but there was foam....    :alan2cents:
As I mention, the material on my headliner was redone sometime in the life of the car, because it was a crappy job. The material that person used was a very heavy material.
Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

I got many new parts with my car and some ie fuel lines were not for my car. Today I stuck the package tray in and it's short about two inches on each side. Is this normal or do have another incorrect part?
Get in, I'll drive

headejm

My package tray is about 6" short on either side. That 6" is made up by a flat black extension piece that is part of the package tray.

Timbbuc2

Quote from: headejm on April 07, 2019, 08:20:38 PM
My package tray is about 6" short on either side. That 6" is made up by a flat black extension piece that is part of the package tray.
Thank you so much for the info, I don't have that
Get in, I'll drive

headejm

I'd just add that piece to yours. Pretty sure it is hidden anyway.  :cheers:

Timbbuc2

Bought a pair of "SE" emblems that go on the sail panels, my sail panel has 2 holes for the emblem, one ontop of the other. The emblems only has one pin to mount . What is correct?
Get in, I'll drive

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Hey Tim.  My SE emblems are not the correct ones.........mine attach with a center screw. But that is what I got with the car. I think they are Charger emblems.  Anyway a couple  of pics If yours have pins I think they mount with the same type of nut like the hood letters are secured.

OOps,,,,,,,,,,,,didn't realize the pics were out of focus, but....they are on the car now..........so that's it.

Timbbuc2

Get in, I'll drive

EV2RTSE

The 2 holes in your sail panel are factory. The original emblems used weird little clips to mount them and most break once they are removed. Yes Daley's emblems are for a Charger but a lot of people just fill in the center hole and repaint to use on a Challenger.

Timbbuc2

@EV2RTSE ,that is what I need, mine has one post, and the Ebay guy said it was for my car :verymad:
Get in, I'll drive