Main Menu

70 Challenger SE

Started by Timbbuc2, January 05, 2017, 11:56:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

You can install the wiring after the engine no problem.
Sheldon

usraptor

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on April 16, 2017, 04:51:45 AM
Day 225 LOL, engine bay almost done,, I am thinking that the dash should be next, the way it looks the bulk head wiring would be a pain to connect to the fire wall after the engine is installed. Am I correct or what would you guys do next.
Tim

I stopped counting the days/hours a long time ago.  Too depressing.  :))  Re the bulk head wiring.  It's not that hard to connect after the engine is in.  I've disconnected/re-connected mine several times with the engine in.  I will admit, using some channel lock pliers to release the tabs and pull it away from the bulkhead/firewall make it a lot easier to remove.

Timbbuc2

Powder coated brackets today,
Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

Is the hot water cut-off valve too high. I had a old one that come with the car, so I matched up the holes. @Cuda Cody , @anlauto
Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

Sorry buddy, I know nothing about AC cars.   :sorry:  Never owned one.  But maybe someday I will!   :fingerscrossed:

anlauto

That's nowhere near close to being the correct water control valve, so the location is pretty irrelevant at this point. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on April 16, 2017, 07:19:07 PM
That's nowhere near close to being the correct water control valve, so the location is pretty irrelevant at this point. :alan2cents:

No, it isn't correct for a 70.... But it is for a 71... Since they had so many failures with the original valve Mopar changed it mid year in 71...

If you need correct go ahead & spend 3-4 times as much & expect it to leak within a few years... Or take the hit on correctness & use a valve that works.....

Timbbuc2

Quote from: anlauto on April 16, 2017, 07:19:07 PM
Thanks @anlauto I bought this one from Y1 and they said that is all they carry, where could I find a correct one. I saw one of you cars had a plastic one, well it looked like plastic. I bought a bracket that bolts to the side of the fender
Get in, I'll drive

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Timbbuc2

Quote from: anlauto on April 17, 2017, 05:53:16 AM
You can find them all over EBay....this one is missing the bracket though... :alan2cents:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-MoPar-1970-1971-1972-1973-1974-Cuda-Challenger-Water-Valve-A-C-Charger-RR-/400770718387?hash=item5d4fcbdab3:g:2VUAAOxyjP1R24ii&vxp=mtr
Thanks @anlauto , I have a bracket, tough trying to put this car together when its my first rodeo :rofl: But with help I will get it.
Get in, I'll drive

RUNCHARGER

It's been my experience that Y1 does not generally carry parts that are anywhere near being correct.
Sheldon

Timbbuc2

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on April 17, 2017, 07:37:19 AM
It's been my experience that Y1 does not generally carry parts that are anywhere near being correct.
I agree, on several occasions I  have purchased parts ie. bushings for wiper arms, no where close but it was listed for e-body same for the hot-water control. They said it  is all they offer.  And me being ignorant( to be polite)  it makes it more difficult. I know I get stumped and ask alot of questions but this forum is great and I truly appreciate everyone's help. It wrench turning 101  but the true art is to know where and how parts go that is where I need help. But I really love this car and I will get her going. :wrenching:
Get in, I'll drive

1 Wild R/T

If your gonna buy the correct valve look here.....   http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1975-76-Charger-Coronet-78-Charger-Magnum-A-C-Heater-Water-Control-Valve-AC-/400288169747?fits=Model%3ACharger&hash=item5d3308bf13:m:m2A1SADo-kXAca5wCmsE1KQ&vxp=mtr

I've considered buying them all up & charging the typical price for them.... But then I'd be a part of what I hate about this hobby....

Timbbuc2

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on April 17, 2017, 08:48:19 AM
If your gonna buy the correct valve look here.....   http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1975-76-Charger-Coronet-78-Charger-Magnum-A-C-Heater-Water-Control-Valve-AC-/400288169747?fits=Model%3ACharger&hash=item5d3308bf13:m:m2A1SADo-kXAca5wCmsE1KQ&vxp=mtr

I've considered buying them all up & charging the typical price for them.... But then I'd be a part of what I hate about this hobby....
Thanks for your help
Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

Working on my car today, and I had a stud for the exhaust manifold that I had to replace, I was nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof. But it worked out. I was wonder what you guys/gals would do, replace all or whats bad. I have a complete set of studs that came with the car. I know the old saying "It aint broke dont fix it"   :pixiepop:
Get in, I'll drive